1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Did anyone tried to quit caffeine?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Apr 30, 2020.

1. What is your experience with that? Do you think daily consumption of caffeine for years may be causing some side effects that would be healed after quitting? Or is there no serious change afterwards?
    Most importantly, did it affect your sexual function in any way?
    Thanks in advance

Ὀρφεύς and | Nico | like this.
  2. Some people have an intolerance to caffeine and really shouldn't drink it at all. The only time I really feel caffeine is if I drink it within an hour or so of waking.
    If I drink a decaf coffee or non caffeine cola I don't really notice a difference.
    Personally, I don't think abstaining from coffee makes a substantial difference on health. A little caffeine I personally think is beneficial.

3. jeffmbaptist

jeffmbaptist Fapstronaut

No. I've got enough on my plate fighting off urges. Don't need a caffeine headache.

4. That's what I thought, just wanted to be sure
    Thanks man

Ὀρφεύς and | Nico | like this.
  5. Di.Do.555

Di.Do.555 Fapstronaut

The only caffeine i get now is from dark chocolate and even that it affects my sleep if i eat too much or after 10am.
    Since quiting i feel much better. Deeper sleep.
    I feel much calmer during the day.
    As for sex , i think it plays a role in sticking to my nofap plan since everything is directly or indirectly related to sleep.

6. desmondmiles

desmondmiles Fapstronaut

I know this might be a little late, but I did actually quit caffeine.

I used to drink caffeine in insane amounts, I would have five or six cans of like Mountain Dew or Dr. Pepper every day, along with coffee and sometimes even energy drinks during the day.

I left all that behind for the most part, I have a little bit of caffeine on occasion, like once a month or so. I drink almost nothing but water now, and it’s actually seemed to make a difference for NoFap too. I feel better overall, and more motivated.

Best of luck to anyone trying to stop caffeine also! :)