1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

First party in my life - Fear of the unknown

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by primo19, Feb 6, 2020.

1. primo19

primo19 Fapstronaut

Hello.
    Tomorrow I'm going to school ending party. I'm nervous as hell. I'm on NoFap since 38 days but still have some social anxiety issues. I don't know how to dance. I never been really drunk, I'm scared that I might vomit or loose conciousness or do something stupid... Maybe it's all in my head but this is something new for me. I decided to go because I wanted to step out of my comfort zone and prove to myself that I can do this. Any advice how to handle this out?

2. Nedved_43

Nedved_43 Fapstronaut

Is this like a high school prom? You're definitely doing the right thing by going mate. Just let go of your fears, ease into it and try to have a good time - I guarantee you won't be the only one feeling nervous. I can't dance to save my life but when you're with friends it really doesn't matter...being a good dancer has nothing to with having fun.

Drinking wise - I'd say take it easy. I personally don't drink, not for religious reasons but I see no reason to. They say a hangover is the price of making memories but if you can't even remember a great party/night out the next day, then what's the point? I'm not preaching or anything because I have plenty of other vices besides drink lol. Drink by all means but gauge your limits and definitely don't be forced into trying anything you don't want to.

Also, congrats on your streak and once again, enjoy yourself!

primo19 likes this.
  3. seb345

seb345 Fapstronaut

I am sure everything will be great. You have nothing to worry about. Now organizing one is a lot scarier. One of the scariest things I have ever done was organizing my mother's birthday. I wanted to do something big and memorable so I booked a venue with catering and then the main problem began. I needed to find a company that was did sound & lighting equipment rental and had decent reputation. It took me a while but I did find a company in my area that did a really good job. It was a day to remember. Even with all the hardships I managed to make my mother happy.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  4. Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus Fapstronaut

I am sure that everything was going great. 3. Months. Ago. ;):D

Ghabbbyyyy likes this.