1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I made a decision

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by MrDetermination, Apr 30, 2020.

1. MrDetermination

MrDetermination Fapstronaut

and that decision is to give up on dating apps. Forever. From now on, I'll settle for meeting people IRL. I think it's my best option.

2. Freedoom99

Freedoom99 Fapstronaut

Ok, Do you have any plans and methods how you gonna meet people?
    Like work colleagues, social group?anything else?

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  3. Good choice. That's the way it should be. A lot of ways to meet up with people IRL. Just figure out what you like doing and find other people in your area who are doing the same.

4. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Why? why don´t you keep online dating and metting people IRL? i had an amazing girlfriend for 2 years witch i met online and 2 of my best friends are marriend with girls they met online. I think online dating i one more resourse you have to know people.

5. diece

diece Fapstronaut

Good shit man.

Dating apps are terrible.

There's nothing but low quality people on them, I've spent a good amount of time dating girls from off the apps and they've always had some form of problem. Mentally, physically, etc. They were never just "normal' girls.

Also think, online you are competing with so many dudes. Why put yourself into that situation, when you can meet girls in person and immediately blow 99% of the other guys out of the water.

6. MrDetermination

Yeah, these are good ideas, and I may have some more. Before the quarantine, I had quite an active life, come to think of it. My seduction skills aren't exactly great, but I can always work to improve that, it's not like there is no resource.

7. MrDetermination

Well, I'm glad if that worked in your case, good for you. I just think that people who succeed with that are lucky; due to an article I read which said men are structurally at a significant disadvantage on these apps, unlike other places in society (due to the fact that there are a much larger number of males than females on dating apps).
    Again, I'm glad it worked for you, but I think it's not a good option for me.

8. MrDetermination

Damn right.

9. MrDetermination

There! You put your finger on it! That's the main reason I decided to leave virtual dating. It's so frustrating, and that competition also conveys the idea that women are scarce resources men are fighting over, which they're not, they're human beings (plus, working in seduction with an idea of scarcity is no good at all). Not to mention the fact that more often than not, men have to pay while women don't, which reminds me a bit too much of the time when the menus in restaurants did not give the price for the woman if a couple was dining out, that's the idea according to which if you're the man, you have to pay. Should be either paid or free for everybody.
    Dating apps are a sexist waste of time and money, from my perspective.

10. Dont worry too much about your dating skills :) You probably just need some social calibrating. Also, reading books can take you a long way. I read a book about body language ( its enough with just the basics), one named how to win friends and influence people, then a bunch of other books. Great tools but they wont ever tell you the one thing thst really matter: Just believe in yourself. Nofap will help you with that. Your sex drive is one of the strongest forces in nature. It will override everything else if you just let it.

11. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Great, positive move. Forever is quite a long time, but some time away from dating apps is a good idea, especially if you are starting to think the game is 'rigged' against you, and you're begrudging paying for a few drinks!

Meeting girls IRL is a different skillset I think - no easier, no harder. But different.

p.s. regarding money - if you don't know a girl yet, don't treat her to a gourmet meal out! Go on a cheap or free date, a walk in the park or around town, or go cycling together. Look up free/cheap first date ideas online. No awkward conversations about who picks up the tab! (it'll be you of course, you know the rules :p)