1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Dopamine Detox Challenge *(Science Based)*

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Bihari, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

Day 13/30

At the end of one more working week, I can sense some momentum going on, in which the challenge gets easier with time. On the other hands, on weekends I have plenty of free time at disposal and that could be tricky without proper planning. Let's see how it goes.

AmeVirupa and Bihari like this.
  2. Bihari

Bihari Fapstronaut

6/30
    Easier and fulfilling day. Achieved another decent day.
    Had a spoon of sweet chutney which was prepared at home. I'll reset the sugar counter in my journal and when this happens again, I'll restart my dopamine fast from 0.

AmeVirupa and gyarados like this.
  3. gyarados

gyarados Fapstronaut

dont be too strict

4. vamshi2009

vamshi2009 Fapstronaut

Day 8 completed. Easiest and the best day today. Close to 3 hours of meditation. Also completed a 24hr water fast.

5. AmeVirupa

AmeVirupa Fapstronaut

Dopamine Detox Day 13 - May 8 2020:

This was a pretty rough day. Couldn't sleep the night before for some reason. Could've been the afternoon coffee. Decided to just rest all day and it seems that was the right decision because I feel a lot better today on day 14.

Ὀρφεύς likes this.
  6. vamshi2009

vamshi2009 Fapstronaut

@Bihari I think you can let those things slide which are not in your control. The reason I did not include carb/sugary foods is that I knew that sometimes the food made for everyone is not of my choice and I have to eat it to not waste it.
    If you had to eat the chutney at your home out of courtesy, then it's fine I guess. But if you feel you consciously made the choice to eat it, then it's a different matter.

The point is, don't get in your own way!

Joy to you :)

Ὀρφεύς and Bihari like this.
  7. Bihari

Bihari Fapstronaut

I think I'm not even sure if I made a conscious choice. It was a surprise and I liked that surprise, ate it without thinking much about it. Now, in the hindsight I see that I could have avoided it. But it was too delicious :D
    There's an addict in me which starts taking these as if it has earned it. No it hasn't. Also, I don't want to start involving my mind in corruption. It backfires, more often than not.

Ὀρφεύς and vamshi2009 like this.
  8. AmeVirupa

AmeVirupa Fapstronaut

Dopamine Detox Day 14 - May 9 2020:

Had to do a double workout again today because I took a day off yesterday. Also got quite a bit of work done. Pretty tired now.

9. NaddyBalhblah

NaddyBalhblah Fapstronaut

I'm in 0,1,2,3,4,5,7
    @Bihari add me in list
    At day 2

10. gyarados

gyarados Fapstronaut

how to update days

Ὀρφεύς likes this.
  11. gyarados

gyarados Fapstronaut

i dont know how to restart this fast ?. today i listen to a song because from long time high urge of PMO was coming . i am in extreme mode only using youtube for educational videos

Bihari likes this.
  12. Bihari

Bihari Fapstronaut

Welcome to the challenge. Keep us posted.

gyarados likes this.
  13. Bihari

Bihari Fapstronaut

Pmo itself is challenging bhai. Add dopamine detox to it and life becomes hell. Boredom can be maddening. Take it easy.

gyarados likes this.
  14. Bihari

Bihari Fapstronaut

07/30
    A week! It was seeming impossible at first.

gyarados and Innervision like this.
  15. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

Day 14/30

My main targets has been relatively easy to maintain checked, even YouTube usage, which was my biggest concern. I'm noticing, though, that I've been craving for some dopamine rush from smartphone notifications. I don't know how exactly to tackle this, but thinking about intentional use may be one way.

Bihari likes this.
  16. goldchain

goldchain Fapstronaut

Day 2/30. The main thing for mine dopamine detox is no PM. The second - enough wasting a lot of time while scrolling social media. I don't play video games much, but to prevent replacing scrolling to games I ban it too.
    At this time feeling good, spend time with friends, meditate and take cold shower. Dont know how it will in the few next days.

Innervision and Bihari like this.
  17. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

Day 15/30

Halfway through. It has been an interesting and fruitful challenge so far.

Bihari likes this.
  18. vamshi2009

vamshi2009 Fapstronaut

Made a mistake yesterday while posting my counter. Day 6 done today for dopamine fast. Day 9 completed for PMO

19. NaddyBalhblah

NaddyBalhblah Fapstronaut

Hii checking in day 3

20. Bihari

Bihari Fapstronaut

8/30
    I'm more ready than ever to embrace suffering.

Innervision and gyarados like this.
  21. gyarados

gyarados Fapstronaut

Today I ate chocolate cake which flooded my brain with dopamine so again on day 0

Bihari likes this.