1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is anyone straight edge here?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, May 9, 2020.

1. I think NoFap and rebellion through refusal of alcohol, tobacco and rest of drugs consumption go hand in hand.

MJ93 and recon117 like this.
  2. False promise

False promise Fapstronaut

if you mean sober than yes I am. Not sure rebellion is the right word.

3. Straight edge is an ideology that has roots in punk music, but yeah, being sober is a part of it. How long have you been living sober for?

MJ93 likes this.
  4. False promise

Around 3 years. I highly recommend it.

5. Nice, I've been sober for five months, it's a lot of money saved, not to mention health benefits.

6. False promise

Yeah I do it for my health as a priority. Life is just better sober, without the constant need to runaway from your problems in an endless cycle of coping. Stay sober, address your problems.

Next step is freedom from pmo. One of the most important to abstain from in my experience.

7. I'm not really sure what straight edge means, but I don't drink or do drugs or smoke or anything. Never have, except an occasional drink at a social event. But even then, I don't really like the taste of alcohol much, so I'd rather drink something else.

recon117 likes this.
  8. It's not something I label myself, but yeah this is basically my lifestyle. Not because I think it's wrong, but just because it doesn't interest me. If partying with drugs and alcohol is something you like to do, that's fine, I ain't gonna stop you, but that's not my scene personally.

recon117 likes this.
  9. You sure about that?

recon117 likes this.
  10. Yes, because hardcore originated from punk lol

recon117 likes this.
  11. Never had a problem with substances, but rather video games and internet. And I don't know the first thing about punk music.

12. Ruttigan

Ruttigan Fapstronaut

Punks are basically angry hippies.

13. I've been called a hippie. And I often get angry.... oh no...

14. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

I am a big fan of living a sober life, but straight edge is an ugly term to me. There was lots of overlap with skinheads in the area I grew up.

recon117 likes this.
  15. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I suppose that I am. I don't drink, smoke or have pre-marital sex.

recon117 likes this.
  16. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Do you wear suspenders, short dorky pants with 10 eye doc martins and beat up drunk people though?

17. blademaster87

blademaster87 Fapstronaut

Close. I'm a narcotic anonymous and love punk and hardcore music, but I still smoke a few cigs. and could care less about politics.

18. recon117

recon117 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yes it became kinda my lifestyle! No drugs and no alcohol!
    I was super drunk at parties every weekend for many years.
    Gladly it didn't develop into an addiction

19. skepticaljoe

skepticaljoe Fapstronaut

I had to look up the classification. so yes but I don't take it as far as no prescription drugs or being vegan as my health will suffer with those changes. I also drink caffeine.

20. Digga187

Digga187 Fapstronaut

I mean im 17 and ive never been wasted in my life, although i did drink a few times, ive never smoked a cigarette, but i smoke shisha, and ive never taken drugs, except that i smoked weed two times, so the only stuff thats problematic for me is PMO. I think it has a lot to do with how a person grows up, i play soccer since my childhood and like weightlifting and sports, so even though i love partying and going out, im not the kind of person to fuck myself up while doing it.

recon117 likes this.