1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Mandatory vaccination

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by False promise, May 12, 2020.

Should vaccination be made mandatory to stop this virus?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. False promise

False promise Fapstronaut

Will you get it when it becomes available regardless?

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    tomelite likes this.
  2. George Killian

George Killian Fapstronaut

It is a vaccination that can really help.

3. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Should not be mandatory.
    Good idea to get the vaccine? Probably so, but I recommend waiting to see some of the long term side effects.
    However, the government shouldn't try to own our bodies. If they start getting used to forcing medications on us, I don't like to think where that leads.

4. Just curious, how do you feel about other vaccinations that are already mandatory? This has already been a thing for a long time.

5. False promise

What vaccines are mandatory? There are exemption forms that can be signed for children to attend school. Although those were stripped away in some states I think New York.

6. Most schools will not accept kids who haven't been vaccinated. I don't know exactly which vaccinations they are. I think measles is one of them. Idk, I don't have kids. But this is definitely the case in most places. Anti-vaxxers have a very hard time getting their kids into schools for this reason.

7. False promise

Completely false. Nice derogatory term “anti-vaxxers” as well. There are religious exemption forms and another type of exemption form. Only recently did places like New York remove exemption forms. Besides, those are only mandates for children not the entire population.

8. Gorgewalker

Gorgewalker Fapstronaut

Vaccines should never be mandatory. If the government has control over what goes into your body you have essentially lost your ownership of yourself. You belong to the government at that point, at least poetically.

That said, it will probably be a very, very good idea to get the vaccine - at least after waiting a few months to make sure it wasn't rushed and is safe. I'm not anti-vaxx, but I am pro-liberty.

9. Gorgewalker

Gorgewalker Fapstronaut

And for the record, there are as of yet no mandatory vaccines in the UK. I can't speak for the US. However the government is heavily considering making them mandatory.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. mi-mi-mi-do

mi-mi-mi-do Fapstronaut

It looks like most people here are from the US, or experienced with living there (possibly from the UK too), so I'll provide some perspective from someone who's never lived in either.
    In my country, vaccines are increasingly becoming an expectation. Kindergartens can refuse to take children who aren't up to date on their vaccinations (except with a medical exemption signed by a doctor), as can private schools, and vaccination is seen as a public health issue, not a liberty issue. I personally would be happy with mandatory vaccination once it's been through the appropriate channels. Its safety protocols and potential risks need to be public knowledge so that doctors can make an informed medical decision and advise on medical exemptions appropriately. I'm not in favour of philosophical or religious exemptions for vaccination.

11. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Good question. I'm not aware of any vaccine that is mandatory? Even the military gives you religious exemption. I get vaccines, I'm not an anti-vaxxer. But the vaccines I get have been around for years, and millions of people have gotten them before me. All I'm saying is, don't rush off to get a relatively unknown drug that could have negative side effects. And the government should not have the right to mandatorily tell us what medications to take.

12. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

should not be mandatory. no one should have control over your body. such a conversation should not occur in the first place.. what a time to be alive.

13. False promise

I respect anyone who is not necessarily against taking vaccines but is against giving government control over what goes into our body. Unfortunately it looks like this is where things are going if we don’t stop it. @brilliantidiot @Gorgewalker

@mi-mi-mi-do you realize religious exemption forms are based on the fact that vaccines contain cell lines from aborted fetuses? This is an undeniable fact.

Personally I would never take a vaccine. In this day and age it’s no longer responsible to remain ignorant of the other side of the coin. If you guys are interested as you should be, I’ll offer some links. A decent start without going too deep in the science would be to follow robertfkennedy jr on Instagram. He is a lawyer who has been fighting against the irresponsible safety precautions and damages caused by vaccines. Btw over 4billion has been paid out in vaccine court to those injured by them (paid by tax dollars). Yes vaccine manufacturers were made not liable for any injuries caused by their products.

For some cold hard science on toxic components in vaccines: aluminum especially.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0946672X19304201

vaccines and autism:
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0946672X17308763?via=ihub

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-64734-6

14. Yeah, no duh. I never claimed they were for the entire population. I literally just asked him how he feels about them because I was curious. I wasn't even talking to you. Geez louise, I was just asking a freaking question out of curiosity.

15. And yeah, you sure as hell bet I will use a "derogatory" term for people who put their children in danger because of stupid beliefs that have no foundation in science or medicine at all.

I agree with you on that. Thanks for answering my question.

16. I can not get vaccinations because I am at risk of getting guillain-barre syndrome my doctors are against me doing vaccinations because of this so mandatory vaccinations are a really bad idea because you never know how many people can be affected this way if we get vaccinations we are at risk of paralysis or death so I rely on people around me getting vaccinated but if I’m forced to I’m at a much worse risk then getting the damn disease!

17. False promise

why are you getting defensive about your own lack of clarification? You asked about vaccines which are already mandatory, not specifying that the only “mandates” are for children attending school. Which also isn’t true.

You claimed that “this has already been a thing.” No, it hasn’t. Which is why I made this thread.

18. False promise

No foundation in science or medicine? I just posted some highly scientific and credible studies above. I’d love for you to refute them.

19. Vaccines should NEVER be made mandatory. Personal liberty triumphs always. Funny how a lot of people who get vaccines end up with the flu anyways. I haven’t had a flu vaccine in at least a decade and I haven’t had the flu since then.

20. False promise

yeah they end up with the flu and also brain damage from mercury+aluminum.