The Anime and Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by jk243, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Protagonist

Protagonist Fapstronaut

It's a sports anime and it is good indeed.

2. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

What you guys watching or reading lately ?
    I didn’t watch much anime lately and i’m reading Historie

u376 likes this.
  3. Fomo Sapiens

Fomo Sapiens Fapstronaut

Baki, and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I like the former; the latter was a recommendation that I can't claim to have enjoyed so far. The accents are hammy and the story cheesy and uninteresting. Having said that, it apparently gets better so I'll go back to it once I finish Baki.

Reading: I recently started Pride and Prejudice for the first time, but I stopped. Now getting through Marie Kondo's The Life Changing Magic of Tidying while decluttering the house. Third time reading that book.

jk243 likes this.
  4. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

i am watching madoka magica these days

jk243 likes this.
  5. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

To be honest Jojo plot is meh ... but I enjoyed part 1 to 4, I found the characters and jokes interesting, 5th part was the worst in my opinion.

Sputnik I likes this.
  6. Fomo Sapiens

Fomo Sapiens Fapstronaut

Lol, I'll keep that in mind. I've heard so many conflicting opinions. Like you I personally found the plot a bit thin early on, and I felt like it couldn't decide what anime it was trying to be: is it about strong beefy guys battling to be the best, is it about vampires, is it a social commentary about class? Heaven knows. But it is a rich source of memes:

[​IMG]

jk243 likes this.
  7. Bar2

Bar2 New Fapstronaut

Any Violet Evergarden fans here?

I discovered it for error, I randomly picked an anime series in the menu and started to watch it. I expected a good story and animation because I knew the animation house but god, that was splendid.

It's a pitty that the movie is being delayed so frequently, first due to the terrorist attack, then the coronavirus...

violet-evergarden-2.png

8. cr7da8055

cr7da8055 Fapstronaut

Kaguya Sama fans here? Love that anime. Almost done with the manga too!

9. cr7da8055

cr7da8055 Fapstronaut

Have y’all watched the tale of the princess Kaguya? That movie hit me hard on life,especially thinking about the ending gives me goosebumps!

10. Saitama1000

Saitama1000 Fapstronaut

Hunter x Hunter 2010 best anime ever !!
    Second is Attack on titan
    And third is Death Note

u376 likes this.
  11. Watching anime is a psub for me.I don't understand how you can watch these things.I recommend JOJO, but be careful about triggers(especially those in part2 and part3.)

12. Kiznaiver is an awesome anime with a great concept: a bunch of teenagers wired up to feel each other's pain. You can pretty much guess how well that goes. It's probably the anime that's made me cry the most (well maybe the Mother Rosario arc of the second season of SAO made me cry more). It's got major feels. Plus it is has absolutely the best opening of any anime ever.

Boom Boom Satellites I miss you.

Edit: I also don't remember any fan-service, so that's a plus. Been a while since I watched it though so maybe I'm just forgetting about something.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2020
  13. Krillin1993

Krillin1993 Fapstronaut

I have started to watch Demon Slayer-Kimetsu no Yaiba and it is soo good.
    I thought the hype around it like SAO would be disappointing. But surprisingly it begins really good and I am really excited to watch more. The only thing I have to critisize is that the german dub pronounces the name of Nezuko wrong-they call it "Nesko", that annoys me abit. Nezuko sounds much better......
    And I have also started to watch the anime Monster and here and there Detective Conan and I will begin to watch Inuyasha also.

jk243 likes this.
  14. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

guys i am watching naruto these days
    i am on 9th episode of naruto shippuden.........and i hate sasuke.....i think writer is trying hard to make him cool....
    overall i really like this anime......i usually dont watch main stream animes.....but naruto is very good

15. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

i have seen first season of it.....i liked it

Krillin1993 likes this.
  16. You should check out clannad if you like crying to anime so much lmao.

17. Protagonist

Protagonist Fapstronaut

I am waiting for haikyuu s4 pt2.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  18. chris555

chris555 Fapstronaut

I am watching Sword Art Online and I started Log Horizon.

I really like the content in Sword Art Online and I think the first season is very good. The second season is decent and the Third is very good as well.

19. chris555

chris555 Fapstronaut

Did you try www.kissanime.nz ??

It works very good for me.

20. Hate to disappoint ya but you replied to a deleted account.