1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

is time travel possible ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by 19m, Mar 11, 2019.

1. 19m

19m Fapstronaut

there’s a lot of people saying that time travel will be released to the public in 2028 do you guys think they are lying? i hope they are because i don’t want to go into the future but what do you guys think?

2. No they're lying. I believe time travel is probable, but can I ask why do they say 2028? Is it like "in 10 years there's going to be time travel"? Or specifically 2028. I have a plan on how it's possible but it's difficult to achieve

3. 19m

19m Fapstronaut

it’s exactly 2028

4. Who said that & why that specific year. Are they scientists who have a plan laid out or just a group of dudes

5. I'm sure Human Bob will be along fairly soon.

Personally I reckon 19m is from the future, and is testing us in some way...

6. There is no such thing as time. There is only now.

7. LinuxSucks

LinuxSucks New Fapstronaut

No, even if it is don't think they are just gonna give it to your average Joe. CERN creating a black hole From LHC is more probably.

8. There's a conspiracy theory about a military base on Long Island that is said to be the inspiration for the netflix blockbuster Stranger Things.
    Conspiracists call it the Montauk Project. The military base in Montauk was allegedly used to run a series of top secret military tests. It involves things like time travel, telekinesis, mind control, telepathy and all sorts of alien technology.

I saw a documentary about it on History Channel once and although the base is abandoned, to this day people are still reporting activity in underground labs and some claim to have been chased away by feds in an attempt to gain access. As with all conspiracy theories you never know if it's just exaggeration or if there could be some truth to it.

I for one think time travel could be real but we humans are probably not yet advanced enough to figure it all out. That said though there's a chance that if aliens are indeed real and if the US government is covering up ufo crashes (think Roswell etc.), the technology could already be ours.

9. Infinite spirit

Infinite spirit Fapstronaut

There is no such thing as time to begin with.

10. marinad777

marinad777 New Fapstronaut

Everything is possible

11. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

I don’t think our Physics has progressed enough to STRONGLY STATE, without a doubt whether “time travel” is possible or not.. I think “time travel” is just a very Typical, stereotypical sci fi concept that has no obligation to be true in “reality”-if at all we know what reality is! We can never know what reality is!
    Can u tell in ur dreams whether u r awake or sleeping? Lol

12. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Whether it's possible literally or not I think most people are ignoring a kind of time travel that can help their reboot.

What are you doing when you review a relapse? It's going into the past.

What does any time travel to the past help with? You have knowledge you didn't have back when you were in the past.

So even if you can't change the past, you can learn for a similar situation in the future. Yeah I know this isn't as exciting a concept obviously, but people ignore this ability just because they feel that guilt and shame and write a cursory short relapse report, if they even write about it at all.

A longer better version is of course journaling. You can be aware of more details without the emotional heaviness that comes with relapse and a binge, and you can prevent it from happening before it happens if you pay attention and think about your patterns and how one thing leads to another.

And you know what, if we totally ignore this basic simple thing and don't do it but just talk about time travel as a concept it could be considered intellectual masturbation - you're just jacking off the brain instead of the penis. But using it practically to change your life is another matter.

13. thinking_differently

@Awedouble
    Hey it’s interesting what u said! How does rewinding Memories translate in the language of Physics?? It’s almost like an alternate reality!

14. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

I like that we can experiment with ourselves, it may be relatively simple things but you can imagine what's possible even just with the rebooting process if someone tracked like 15 variables, and each time they relapse they meticulously recorded all of it that would make for very interesting relapse report.

It's not one of the classics or anything but one show I liked was Fringe. Of course I can understand some things are not worth trying, and some things are not testable or you can't reach a solid conclusion based on your own experience, but there are situations where we can get hands on, and it might just be things people haven't tried or tried in a particular combination. And of course, like with PMO rebooting the potential results with ourselves is often enough to give it a try.

Speaking of time travel and sci-fi though, I do look forward to that new Christopher Nolan film Tenet...

15. thinking_differently

Ya..waiting for Tenet..the Trailer was amazing enough

16. MyWish

MyWish Fapstronaut

hmm I don't think it would happened(but I personally have no idea about it) it's just sounds odd and not far enough as I think it should, but who knows what would happened ten years from now XD

17. kristinella

kristinella New Fapstronaut

Guys, what kind of nonsense?) Why even think about this. You better travel NOW! :) And don’t think what will happen next. Because this is the best time. These are the best memories. All the places, everything that you saw, what kind of cars you rode, what kind of cars you rented Evolve on a trip, in which hotels you lived. These are all our memories. These are the most wonderful memories!

18. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

The faculty of memory is of course itself a kind of "time travel." A lot of people use it for enjoyment or simply reliving a past experience, but it's known memory is reconstructed. What's good about that is you can learn if you look at the causal connections instead of just reliving it. Because we know with PMO there are some memories we don't want to relive, but if you deconstruct it then you may find new pathways you didn't know were possible before.

Deleted Account likes this.
  19. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

Yes...but you need a flux capacitor.

letter likes this.
  20. King Tut 23

King Tut 23 Fapstronaut

There are theories that say that time doesn't exist. Check them out. (Those are real theories made by scientists, they're not conspiracies made by crazy people)