1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

100 Days Without P or M - The Ultra Marathon (Started on May 15, 2020)

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Jefe Rojo, May 7, 2020.

1. I was listening to a podcast and the gentleman was basically saying this he was a computer guy which I am as well and there was no point of having these systems in place because he would hold ultimately just circumvent them no matter what. I feel ya on this. Stay strong!

2. @Jefe Rojo Are the green days in your signature the streaks you've achieved previously? Just curious

Deleted Account and Jefe Rojo like this.
  3. PerseveranceToday

PerseveranceToday Fapstronaut

Sorry guys, I'm going to have to drop out. It was almost as if I went on autopilot. I noticed a lot of the self-talk I do when I'm triggered is essentially repeating the same thing over and over. I want to develop it into something more meaningful. Also, I need good ways or habit replacements for getting urges when I'm going to bed or in the middle of the night - if anyone has any tips they would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, disappointed I'm having to drop out so soon, but I'm not about to stop here. I'm going to use this as an opportunity to grow.

fg4795 and Deleted Account like this.
  4. Yeah, all accomplished milestones are green. It helps me to have a shorter term goal to look forward to achieving. :)

BrohkenCompass likes this.
  5. Bummer that you have to drop out. Those middle-of-the-night urges are tough. Sometimes for me it helps to stay up later so that I’m really tired and will stay asleep throughout the night. Sometimes exercising right before bed helps me sleep more soundly too.
    I know what you mean about going into autopilot. Your brain is wired for P. It takes creating that new pathway before you can start catching yourself. You must recognize the triggers and stay far from them before you get sucked in. I wish you luck. Keep fighting.

6. Tough break guys. Pull yourselves out of the current and don't get swept away.

7. End of Day 6.. earlier today I was dealing with 'indirect urges' some thoughts in my head which I was desperately trying to block - it was triggered by another thread which was perhaps a tad bit too 'direct' for my current stage, although I was trying to help with the topic, something came to my mind which was difficult to block - but I went outside and sat in the sun... had to contemplate a little bit, even a bit of meditative breathing, just to get it out of my system. Worked a treat!

As proud as I am for reaching nearly a week here, I feel bad for the people facing this issue across the world. Some of stories across the forum really break my heart - realising what people are going through, and one thing I have realised is that peoples perception and experience of this journey is just so different to each other. Everyone has their own unique battle. Some are really struggling.

Anyhow, its been a mixed day of productivity, but like most people on this thread have vouched, keeping ourselves busy is a key trick to keeping the mind entertained.

Thanks for listening all, see you all on day 7 for another day on the tracks! Happy running.

8. Juha

Juha Fapstronaut

I like this quote. Just replace 'fear' with 'unwanted sexual thoughts/urges', and 'overcome' with 'dispel'.

[​IMG]

9. MaxLivre

MaxLivre Fapstronaut

Hi guys I'm sorry, I had a big physical urge this morning. Suddenly, I had MOed.
    I didn't use any P, nor did I think about any P; but I guess that means I'm out.
    Good luck to all; I 'm getting right back on the saddle again!
    Bye
    Max

BrohkenCompass likes this.
  10. Day 6 and day 15 of my personal goal. I haven't have any real urges during this streak I just exercise every morning for 1,5 hours.

11. Well just keep reading posts to upgrade your determination. Day will come when you're free. BUT it's not easy to quit this addiction, I spend 1 hour in forums reading everyday so I stay on my mission. I don't need to use will power so much.

12. That's the most important thing, the best of luck my friend :)

13. Good morning all day 7 here, hope eveeyone is feeling well today. Almost a week already! Have a good Friday ahead

14. 15.05.2020
    upload_2020-5-22_11-36-59.png

upload_2020-5-22_11-37-12.png

upload_2020-5-22_11-37-26.png

upload_2020-5-22_11-37-48.png

upload_2020-5-22_11-38-5.png

upload_2020-5-22_12-3-6.png

upload_2020-5-22_11-38-54.png

upload_2020-5-22_11-39-13.png

Got pretty good time according to google maps. Didn't even know that I was running this much.
    Ik to some of you this may seem like not that much of running, but to me these are enought + I really don't count kilometers, only came to check out of curiosity. I go to run everyday without expection. I like running it's fun, I listen to music while I run, since it makes the act of running more enjoyable, but music also distracts from pain and that's not good, I like pain.

Recovery: I eat before and after the run + I take cold shower, that's just something I do because it's so hot, but it's said to have positive effects on recovery.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  15. Thanks for joining the challenge and we are sorry to see you go. Nice job staying away from P. Keep up the good work!

16. InfinitelyLongSphagetti

InfinitelyLongSphagetti Fapstronaut

Here comes the day we started on! No real difficulties so far. Had a risky moment and the wrong kind of thought a few times over the past few days, but powered through them. The challenge has been a great help. Brothers, we can get to the end (and beyond)!

17. Am I counting wrong? Should be 7 complete for me. Friday morning reset? Anyways I'm a week free of the stuff.

Look at this picture guys. I just realized this feature in the members area, but all these folks joined THIS MORNING. Crazy how many people are hurting.

* added screenshot
    newmembers.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2020
  18. *****************
    DAY 8

Congratulations on making it to the one week marker. How is everyone feeling? We’ve had a few people drop out early but I think the majority of us are still going strong.
    This first week has been a good one for me. I only had a few urges and was able to get past them. I know tougher times are ahead. I’ve been doing great working out about 60 minutes a day. I think that helps channel my energy. I do it first thing in the morning so that I can start my day off doing something productive. It really sets the tone for the rest of the day.

Have a great weekend everyone. Be careful - historically many people tend to relax a bit too much on the weekends and end up relapsing. Keep your guard up but have a good time. :)

Last edited: May 22, 2020