1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and older accountability, Group 2

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by persona2903, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Huw980

Huw980 Fapstronaut

Hi haven’t been on here for a while . Currently doing well since my girlfriend back . Need to address how to not revert back to p and m when she goes away otherwise still living a double life . Reality is hard and fantasy seems like such an easy escape

Barakah likes this.

2. amazing updates your doing great man

ANewFocus likes this.
  3. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Daily check in:

• Did not exercise today. Spent time with friends and wife instead.
    • No recovery.
    • No ACT work.
    • No flirtation.
    • I was tempted late tonight.
    • I need to stay sober and take action tomorrow.

4. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

• Did 35 mins exercise
    • 40 mins recovery and act book
    • No flirting
    • Been a nice weekend connecting with wife

Barakah likes this.
  5. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I slipped today. I said “I’ll just look at Instagram and jerk off.” I let o and Instagram be acceptable but then when it wasn’t enough I went further, all on my computer from work.

I felt anxious all day and started planning before my wife left to go to book club.

I exercised for 45 minutes and did my ACT book today.

6. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

invig2020 and Barakah like this.
  7. Barakah

Barakah Fapstronaut

Welcome to the new members!
    I'm feeling less sick theses days so I'm doing my routine as before. I'm happy about that
    It's okay man, one day we will be free from this!

Have a good day

ANewFocus likes this.
  8. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Daily check in:
    • Worked late
    • No exercise
    • No recovery time
    • Flirtatious in my communications and should have stopped
    • feeling anxious over an upcoming project

invig2020 likes this.
  9. Barakah

Barakah Fapstronaut

What's up guys

I relapsed yesterday but I feel like I'm improving
    I'm really looking forward to progress in the step 4 I'm doing right now and to wake up early

10. Arnuld

Arnuld Fapstronaut

Haven’t been on the site since early March. Had to close my office for a month due to the pandemic. All the free time, anxiety, and depression did a number on my sobriety. My addiction hasn’t been this bad in a long time. I’m married and I’m back at work seeing clients again but I realized tonight that I’m feeling really lonely. I don’t have any real close friends in the city that I live in. I can’t see my therapist in person. And my shame has been so bad that I haven’t felt like coming here to post. Coming into the pandemic I had the best streak of my life going. Anyways tonight I decided fuck it I’m logging back in and starting over. I need accountability and fellowship.

persona2903, Barakah and ANewFocus like this.
  11. Arnuld

Arnuld Fapstronaut

Thanks for the tag. Hadn’t been here in awhile. I actually made it just short of 4 months before the Covid nightmare. I just reset my counter to zero. Please drop me to the bottom.

12. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Congratulations man. You did a great job getting to 4 months. Really outstanding! I know you don’t feel it now but give yourself credit for those 4 months. Is there anything you can do to help with loneliness? They say loneliness is the root of this addiction.

Arnuld and Barakah like this.
  13. Barakah

Barakah Fapstronaut

4 months is amazing, congratulations!
    I've been feeling lonely too theses days, specially during the quarantine here (which is over since middle of May). I'm finally going to see my friends this Sunday, it's been months since I haven't seen them. I also would like to join groups or masterminds

14. Arnuld

Arnuld Fapstronaut

Thanks man I really appreciate the kind words. It’s hard to remember how good things were. Those four months of sobriety were really good. I know I can get back there.

Barakah likes this.
  15. Arnuld

Arnuld Fapstronaut

Thanks for the congratulations. Really appreciate it!

Barakah and ANewFocus like this.
  16. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Check in
    • I skipped the last few days as I worked long days at work.
    • This weekend I will spend time on my act book and doing recovery
    • I will also exercise this weekend

17. Mideast

Mideast Fapstronaut

I like to join and need to accountable. I worry however, I get carried away and take a champion cup and try to sell it afterwards.

18. Barakah

Barakah Fapstronaut

Nice bro what is your job? What sport do you do?

19. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I do running and peloton spincycling. My job is marketing and sales, so lots of pressure now.

Barakah likes this.
  20. Day 201!

A new level of self discipline is present.

i am able to decide and do things much easier.

Last week i Doubled my morning meditation.

Was able to take the high road in a relationship conflict and was able to do the right thing that my soul wanted me to do - instead of my ego which was so hard but through Gods grace i was able to do it.

Today i was able to pay back to my last 2 friends who i owed money to and i am now free from all those payments and debts deeply grateful as I have more money and prosperty than i had in years feeling very balanced and humbled.

I am praying that i contineu to remain humble and be able to keep a life of prayer and contineu with my top 10 disciplines as well as taking the sunday off for silence and prayer.

May all of us be free from the tyranny of our own selfishness and selfish desires.

Barakah and ANewFocus like this.