1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

100 Days Without P or M - The Ultra Marathon (Started on May 15, 2020)

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Jefe Rojo, May 7, 2020.

1. End of day 9! Wow did I really type that. I do wonder sometimes. A year ago this was impossible. Since then I discovered nofap, did 25 days, relapsed a few times, and now back on journey near 10 days in! I did some cooking today, read a lot, tried to contribute back on other nofap posts, did some work in the garden, watched a tv series, yesterday there were a few minor urges, but zero today. Feel accomplished!

I did have a thought earlier, i was thinking to myself 99 days is a long time. I was wondering to myself if its possible? Not sure why I asked myself this question, as it was a bit of a negative question, I disregarded it.

But I do wonder sometimes where I might be. Contemplative question to myself... do I focus on today i.e. day 10? Or is it okay to focus on the end goal 100 days?

Hope everyone is doing ok! See you all tomorrow for another day on the race track!

2. Good job! You’re doing great. You’ll go far with a positive attitude and a willingness to put in the hard work. I think it’s fine to look at long term goals but we should focus more on each individual day / moment. If we do that, we will get to the finish line.

3. Juha

Juha Fapstronaut

A handful of problems can arise when you spend too much time thinking about your long-term goals and less time on the systems you put in place on a daily basis to reach those goals. Here is an example from a podcast on motivation:

If you want to run that marathon and you’ve never really run at all, when you go jogging the first day and you stagger your way through your first mile, if you look at your whole goal, which is to some day run 26.2 or 3 or whatever it is miles, it is way too far from here to there for you to even imagine getting there. Instead of being motivating, it’s incredibly defeating. In all likelihood, you will give up.
    The first step in achieving anything big is to figure out what that is and what it looks like, but then to say, “Okay, that’s my goal. Now, I’m going to focus on the process that will allow me to get there.”

4. Juha

Juha Fapstronaut

In summary, forget about your goal and focus on the process that will allow you to get there. That is, what you do every day to avoid PMO. Also, celebrate progress. Don't wait until you reach your goal to celebrate. Every completed day is a cause for celebration. Just don't go too wild!

5. I’m on 20th day,
    Yesterday just went pretty easy, no urges at all but today morning after opening my eyes, damn! Some serious shit triggered, I experienced intense emotional pain,fear,danger & no motivation etc...
    While writing this journal also I’m experiencing some kind of dizziness.
    I’ll keep on update guys, till then stay hard.

6. I’ve run a marathon 5 times in my life and sometimes you just want to quit. You just don’t have enough energy to finish. And then you look out ahead and find something, some sort of marker to run to - a post, power pole, mailbox, etc. and you tell yourself that you can make it to that marker. You get to that marker and then find another marker. You go from marker to marker until you finish the race. Such it is with our journey. We must focus on the next marker - be it the next day or the next hour, and we preserve until we get to it.

7. Juha you have read the Atomic habits right?

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. *****************
    DAY 11
    Congrats to everyone who has made it this far! We are closing in on two weeks. Have a great day. :)

9. RedStripe

RedStripe Fapstronaut

So apparently it is day 11. Nothing special on my mind but well still in the race. Stay strong everyone and don't relapse. I don't want to be here alone ;)

10. Yes still in the race. Race that should not exist. Humanity has created it's own cancer!

11. SpeedPRDGi

SpeedPRDGi Fapstronaut

Day 10 going on 11! My own streak is at 16 days as well.

Keep fighting that fight everyone! Hope you're all staying well and safe.

12. You are a great host @Jefe Rojo ! Thanks for being so active and encouraging! Phenomenal work up to this point!

BrohkenCompass, fg4795, Juha and 5 others like this.
  13. georgebou7

georgebou7 Fapstronaut

10 days completed guys! Great start!
    Stay Strong!!

14. Thanks! It’s fun to be able to have so many people wanting to stick together and conquer this challenge.

15. Oh, don’t worry about that. We’re going to have strong numbers when we finish! :)

16. Great job! Keep up the good work!

17. InfinitelyLongSphagetti

InfinitelyLongSphagetti Fapstronaut

Just checking in. We've gone quite far already, and we've pretty far to go. I remember having a similar feeling when walking long distances. After a certain point, you're too far to go back but there's still lots to go. Love that feeling!

18. Checking in to let you guys know I'm thankful to be running with you. Had some urges this morning right when I was waking up but I was able to remember the marathon immediately and quickly dismissed any temptations. That's a typical weak spot for me, getting temptations before I'm awake enough to implement self-discipline, but I guess checking in every day has made the marathon forefront on my mind which is helpful!

Other than morning urges starting to return I'm feeling good and strong. It'll probably be another week or so before I start having real internal battles. I'm already thinking of strategies to deal with them :)

19. Juha

Juha Fapstronaut

I haven't quite finished it. But I've been reading up about habits on various websites and listening to podcasts about it. There's a lot of good stuff online.