1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it normal to have sudden depression kicks on nofap?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Digga187, May 25, 2020.

1. Digga187

Digga187 Fapstronaut

So ive realized when i get a longer nofap streak the good sides show really drastically but there are also moments when i get such depressive thoughts that i just feel like everything is pointless. Why tf does this happen and have you guys experienced this? Its kind of like i start questioning why im doing this, and some kind of voice in my head says youre not good enough, and i start thinking my dreams dont even make sense and its really confusing. I dont know what this means but i think its really strange that it comes out of nowhere and then it fucks the whole day up. I wanna know if you guys think this is connected to nofap or if this has happened to any of you.

elvagoazul likes this.
  2. cr7da8055

cr7da8055 Fapstronaut

Yep,totally your brain wanting to use depression as a tool to get back to pmo,as a way to release your made up “stress”. Go through it,you’ll be fine in a few days. Take it one day at a time. Win over your brain,and you have won the biggest war!

elvagoazul likes this.
  3. TheLightOne

TheLightOne Fapstronaut

Yes. Such days occur. Everyday is a new mood.

4. elvagoazul

elvagoazul Fapstronaut

I also have this "depressive moments" every 8-15 days, but I think it is not depression (medical condition), it is sadness. And it is completely normal. When we were addicts, we were so emotionless because we used to "fix" everything with a dopamine rush. Now we have our emotions back, and we have to learn how to deal with them, instead of taking an easy fake exit (PMO). Feeling bad sometimes is normal, and it means we are healthy humans.

cr7da8055 likes this.
  5. elvagoazul

elvagoazul Fapstronaut

Years of addiction have created pathways in our brains. Pathways that connect bad feelings with the urge to PMO. because we used to use PMO as a solution to depression. But these pathways will disappear over time because the brain is flexible. So we need to find new forms to confront those bad feelings. We need to build good habits.

cr7da8055 likes this.