1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

making a binding contract with myself

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by mrguy621, May 26, 2020.

1. mrguy621

mrguy621 Fapstronaut

in my last post, i was wondering about what is the harm with masturbating once a week
    https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/what-is-the-harm-with-masturbating-once-a-week.276300/
    now i am about 1 month in NoFap.
    i even do metitations, cold showers, wake up much earlier than before, and drink green tea.
    i started NoFap because:
    1. i found it sometimes very difficult to not masturbate, sometimes me desire to do it totally messed my day.
    2. i lacked the motivation to do things that i know i should do, like a programming project to find a job

yesterday and today i found my self edging without orgasm or ejaculation.
    not doing it for 1 month is hard, and now i feel like it start to bug my project.
    the reason i started NoFap was because fapping was a way to run from doing difficult things that i know i should do.
    but i don't want not fapping to distract me either.
    so i thought about an idea, a contract with myself:
    not fapping all week long, focusing on my project, and only doing it in saturday, as many times as i wish.
    saturday will be my day off, when i don't judge myself for not making progress with my project.
    the tricky part is as such: if i do, do it in any other day, then i must do nofap for 30 more days. by making this contract i belive it will be much easier to function daily.
    what do you think?

2. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

If you can't control yourself to not wank more than once a week, what makes you think you will be able to not wank for 30 days? This doesn't make sense.

3. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

Make the contract not in your own favor. Example; donate for every relapse €25 to unicef / you have to tell your addiction to someone new / you have to give away something valuable.
    Really put something value on stake so you think twice before relapsing again.

Level1mountain and Gmork like this.
  4. Losing benefits , further encourages addiction, builds a faulty reward pathway in your brain, same as masturbating each day but with less damage.
    Same as drinking or smoking. Sure, its not that bad to drink only on one day of the week compared to all days, but it still doesn't do anything good for your liver.

5. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

Think of it like this:
    M causes u trouble, chaos in life..
    Would u let something else, say riding a bike excessively fast and meeting with an accident cause trouble in life?? No!!
    M is doing the SAME DAMN THING, in a indirect way!!

Just find a solid REASON to not M and stick to it,

6. What makes you think a contract will stop you from fapping?