1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Christian YouTube Channels

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. That's not what I mean. Of course you aren't going to ever be exactly like Jesus. But it should be a goal to live like Jesus as best as we can. Not in shallow things like not watching TV or having running water or something. I mean in character.

I really have no idea what you mean by this. I responded to your response to the video as best as I could.

There is only one way to salvation, though Jesus. So if you have that, you have it. Other issues are still important though, even if they don't directly effect your salvation.

And yes, I'm sure we agree on a lot of things as well.

2. Thanks for keeping your dialogue civil, @Castielle and @Agent1947 . There are as many different views on Scripture as there are people, and we can see it from all those different perspectives and agree on the central Truth of the person of Jesus Christ. As long as our eyes are fixed on him and our hearts and minds attentive to the voice of the Spirit, we are unlikely to go too far afield.

I was reminded of two things as I read through your discourse:

John 17:
    21 I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.
    22 “I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. 23 I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me...."

1 Thessalonians 5:
    21 but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good. 22 Stay away from every kind of evil.

You have both been an encouragement to me this week. Let's keep pursuing the Son together. Onwards!

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  3. Honestly, I would have agreed with that a few months ago. But I have seen SO many Christians who I thought were solid, completely falling away into deception recently. Like really bad stuff that is completely against God. So I would be really cautious to think that anyone, including yourself, is safe from deception. The Bible talks about people falling away from God in the end times. It's very wise to know your Bible well and to be on guard against false teaching, not to rely too heavily on "well, since I love Jesus, I probably won't be deceived too much." Plenty of people who love Jesus have been deceived deeply, because they don't know their Bibles.

Tao Jones likes this.
  4. From 1 Corinthians 13:
    But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Which is pre-eminent, knowledge or love? Does our faith seek understanding, trusting him even when our knowledge falls short; or do we let our understanding guide our faith, and thus become proud and deluded?

If you truly love the Lord and remain close to him in your daily walk, how can you be deceived? You can only be led astray by growing distant from him.

Let's keep encouraging one another and spurring one another on. When we see lies being taught as truth, by all means let us speak up in love -- as you have done. But let's also admit that none of us possesses perfect understanding of the things of God. In Heaven, there will be surprises! :)

5. Not reading the Bible often because you place more value on your experiences than the word, is distancing yourself from God. So yes, that could very easily lead you into deception. I've seen it happen time and time again.

When did I say I possess perfect understanding of the things of God? I said no such thing. I freely admit that I do not. I'm literally just saying that studying the word of God is of the utmost importance and is more important and valuable than basing your opinions on your feelings. That shouldn't be a controversial statement for a Christian.

Tao Jones likes this.
  6. We're on the same page, I think! (Mild pun very much intended. :) ) The Scripture points us to Christ. It can be relied on. There is little controversy about the unbiblical nature of "prosperity gospel" teaching. After all, Jesus himself said, "In this world, you will have trouble." Sounds like a promise to me.

Feelings make poor decision makers. Experience is helpful, but cannot form the sole basis for perceiving reality, as it is very limited in scope. This is all common sense -- and you are helping shine a light on that in your posts. Thanks!

My intent was not to argue that basing one's understanding of reality on biblical study is less important than doing so on one's feelings or personal opinions. Rather, I was trying to point out (perhaps poorly) that biblical study is not the paramount spiritual practice we have been given. That would be love.

How do I know? Because the Bible says so! :D

7. I guess I don't understand what you mean. I don't think loving people is any more or less important than ressing scripture. And I was speaking to someone who very much needs to read more scripture, if they are following a teacher that is teaching false things and they don't understand that they are false. I'm speaking to a specific person about their specific situation, and this person desperately needs to read more scripture. They don't seem to have any problems with love, so I didn't think that needed to be mentioned. But of course love is also important. I don't think emphasizing the importance of scripture negates the importance of love. It's scripture that tells us to love in the first place.

Tao Jones likes this.
  8. I want to add something even it's not exactly what you discuss
    In my own experience, and yes for me my own experiences and feelings matter, i was never able to think permant if something i'll do are say might be wrong or a sin. I had serious health problems because i always had negative thoughts that this or that might be wrong. So i suppressed the way i wanted to live. I lived another live which was not mine. Didnt wanted to talk about politics for example. But it made me sick. I always thought this or that could make god unhappy.
    In the end i had and partly have to much emotions like anger for example in my body that i couldnt argue factual any more. I did more mistakes which made others uphappy than when now i just believe god helps me through the day. People react better.
    Thats a reason why joel osteen was a good preacher for me. Happiness leads to less sins! I have to relax and just life the life which is mine. I'm no evil person so i dont always have to watch out. Sometimes sins happen, we can learn, say that we didnt mean it that way afterwards, but being so cramped was counterproductive

9. I've replied to you privately. I didn't mean to hijack this thread and take the conversation in a different direction.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. Yeah, I'm not sure there is anything else to be said. I'm never going to agree that Joel Osteen is a good preacher. God may have used some of his messages for good for some people, but that doesn't make him a good preacher. I mean, some people find God through Buddhism or new age mysticism. That doesn't mean the people they learned from are good, solid teachers. It just means God sometimes uses evil for good.

The Wrestler and Tao Jones like this.
  11. Purity Power

Purity Power Fapstronaut

Robert Breaker for teachings (also done in Spanish if you're learning Spanish)
    Prophecy Watchers for studying the Bible, news
    1nemind for evangelizing (like Living Water) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dvXnNskzPE&list=LLlXxEsTEJibpHHI-m4B-tNA&index=27
    RISE for archeology, news, edifying
    World Video Bible School for answers https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGxfHBfP4ZBpg4TDg8v8G3A
    Kent Hovind for scientific evidence (despite being a globe-earther)
    sanderson1611 for raw "hard" preaching (good knowledge of scriptures despite a lack of charity sometimes and globe-earther)
    Shaking My Head Productions for news https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PLK1OqvYhc
    tmantz625 (this is the KJV Audio Dramatized complete version of the Bible) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCXmpUg7EJTf8pDsEDQUKrQ
    No Greater Joy Ministries for advice on family, kids https://www.youtube.com/user/NGJMinistries/playlists
    Steven Bancarz for debunking New Age https://youtu.be/30AunYXtYDg?list=PLWWzf76Q_lh_4WX6n-1UpeuYpLy49DGHF

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  12. Purity Power

Purity Power Fapstronaut

13. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

I can't remember the name but its something like CSlewisscribbles or something and it outlines his essays very clearly

14. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

I watched WACO, and yeah...nothing like a half-lie wrapped in scripture to lead people astray!

Deleted Account and Tao Jones like this.
  15. My biggest recommendation is Neil Anderson.