1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rosary routine

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. chastedude

chastedude Fapstronaut

If you pray the rosary, what is your routine? Lately, I've been praying it in bed. I have been struggling to get out of bed in the morning so I decided to pray the Rosary until I have the will power to get my carcass out of bed. But that only ended up with me slurring my prayers, falling back asleep, losing count, etc.

I tried praying it in bed at night. I figured it would help keep my thoughts free of impure thoughts. Sometimes I pray the rosary after a workout. Years ago, I prayed the rosary during a sunset in the summer.

This made me wonder how/where you gentlemen pray the Rosary?

Swazzy 1 likes this.
  2. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

I often pray rosary in bed too. It's because I usually pray late and then feel that even if I sat during prayer I wouldn't pray and I wouldn't choose to pray - too inconvinient to me. And I often fall asleep praying and finish my decade in the morning.
    I remember asking a priest at a retreat if lying in bed at night and pray was a suitable position for prayer and he asked me what I thought about it. I answered that if I had to sit up on the edge of the bed or kneel down I wouldn't choose to pray ( too much effort for me) and that thanks to the lying position I wanted to pray and prayed indeed. The priest answered that my conscience answered to my dilemma and that we should listen to our conscience more often because the Holy Spirit says to us through it. He added that this had taught him his regular confessor - an old priest.
    I remember asking another elderly priest many years later at another retreat the same question - praying in bed and he said that he often did so.

chastedude likes this.
  3. I pray rosary with my family(parents) daily at night.In my last 5 years as a whole, only one or two days i haven't said rosary,some days(after sinning) i don't actually feel to pray but by any ways i will somehow draggingly say the rosary against my mind because i have faith in Mother Mary that if she is my mother,nothing bad will happen to me and she will guide me to heaven.I always wear rosary around my neck.When am high in spirit i have said three rosary or more in a day.During rosary ,along the decade we should mediate on the mysteries of the decade(for example: sorrowful mystery -agony in the garden- I think of pain Jesus underwent ,judas betraying,disciplines not able to pray instead sleeping and then fleeing and so on.).
    I recommend u to be on kneel or sit straight on floor that's what i do.Moreover when on kneel u won't feel the sleep and u will attract more blessing.If church is near ,go there and pray rosary and if ur family is with, pray with them. I would least recommend bed cause prayer is not a formality and falling to sleep is high (Like watching p leads to m).

Well congrats for having achieving this streak.

If u take God serious,God will take u serious -one priest told me.
    @chastedude Watch videos on the power of rosary it will give u the insight.Wish u Success in Christ.Pal!!!

chastedude likes this.
  4. Tryin' Hard

Tryin' Hard Fapstronaut

I pray one rosary (the five joyful mysteries) in the morning, one rosary (five sorrowful mysteries) in the afternoon and one rosary in the evening (five glorious). Often times I've had to lump them together after a busy day and I end up praying multiple at points in the day, sometimes all three at once.

It's pretty rough trying to keep it up as a habit - but it's what the Blessed Mother has asked for in her apparitions at Medjugorje.

I've tried praying the rosary in bed but I never make it all the way through even one rosary before I conk out. Often times I like to pray when I'm traveling to daily mass/traveling back. I walk so I have the time. It's a lot easier for me because travel time is time you're doing little else and you can't make excuses for not praying.

chastedude and Swazzy 1 like this.
  5. Yeah, u r right .i also used to do that.
    @Tryin' Hard which country r u from? and r u a seminarian?
    Am curious because i haven't seen a lot of guys who pray three rosaries at this age and i also have done this after attending charismatic retreats but as the time passes i unite with worldly ways.The peace and joy u must be experiencing after this much prayer would be enormous.My soul longs for it.

6. chastedude

chastedude Fapstronaut

It's really cool to meet guys who pray the multiple rosaries a day. It's a goal I started and stopped over and over again. Clearly, my priorities need shifting. I'm not giving up though. Daily rosary has always helped me in my life.

I remember hearing on the Catholic Stuff You Should Know podcast that when falling asleep while praying the Rosary, angels will continue them for you. But I think what I'll do is shift to morning rosaries in addition to praying a rosary after a workout (or in between sets). Or give praying at night before I enter the bedroom so I'm not tempted to fall asleep.

Swazzy 1 likes this.
  7. Tryin' Hard

Tryin' Hard Fapstronaut

@Swazzy 1 I'm from the US. I'm not a seminarian yet, I have a couple years of college left to go. Longing for that day tho. Currently I'm a student at Franciscan University of Steubenville. (And yeah, the charismatic community here is awesome - I love attending the Festivals of Praise and I've been attending a other charismatic events in my area of the country. Veni Sancti Spiritus!)

TBT, I haven't been feeling much peace or joy for a number of months. It's been a lot of spiritual desolation lately, but it's God's will that I experience this Dark Night of the Soul so it's for the best I guess. Pray for me, please. Not that the desolation will end, but that I can stay devoted to Christ through it.

8. I will definitely pray for u,pal!!!
    Delighted to know that going to join the greatest company(kingdom of God).
    I never expected u would be from US(in hollywood movies they show no respect for God now a days, so i thought faithfuls are becoming low),I thought u would be from an asia,africa or latin america were faith is not falling unlike europe and US.I watch tour documentaries and i see churches with low crowd and many churches have turned into resorts,tourist spot,restaurants,bars in Europe and I really feel bad and i think of the works of great saints have gone waste.When we people get the rich and feel comfort,we have no time for god and just forget God.In one way i have to thank my weakness(pmo) because it lead me to God.
    Pray for me too.

As you start this journey in life, may every day hold wonderful experiences!
    Praise God

chastedude likes this.
  9. Tryin' Hard

Tryin' Hard Fapstronaut

Thx. I'm glad to be with God's people!

I actually live in a town that has a very vibrant Catholic community. Our churches are full here because we're in the same town as a solidly Catholic university and have a lot of faculty families living in town and revitalizing the churches here. We have good but aging priests and it's good to be here. But there's still plenty of persecution here and yes, the churches in America are weakening, generally speaking. So we need as much prayer as any other country. :]