1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Quitting a 30 year habit.

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by OA313, Jun 2, 2020.

1. OA313

OA313 New Fapstronaut

Hello all
    I’m 39 years old. I started quitting my 30 year habit back in February or 2019. It’s been on and off up until now. I realize how hard this is, as I have gone through the withdrawals and even gotten somewhat past them, only to relapse to the point where the withdrawals sometimes come right after I PMO. (Nausea, heat flashes)

I have felt the benefits of quitting and it’s so worth it. I sometimes get upset with myself when I fall back. However I also realize that I am trying to quit something I’ve been doing pretty much all my life. I was traumatized as a child a used sex to cope. It’s been game over, ever since childhood. I now know why and where a lot of my personality and habits came from.

With all that said, I guess I’m at a point now where I’m slowly trying to work back up to NoFap for AT LEAST a week. Have to start climbing Back up the hill.

It’s a lot more manageable now but I also spend a lot of time alone and have not been in a relationship in about 3 years. I’m sure this has a lot to do with it. Anyway, any advice, encouragement, tips, tools, experiences would help. Hope you all are staying strong.

2. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Distinguished Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap!!!

Coffee Candy likes this.
  3. Hi @OA313, all the best to you! If you want to join 'The Matrix' challenge click here ---> 'The Matrix' <---

4. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Distinguished Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap!!!

Coffee Candy likes this.
  6. hey man 35 yrs old nearly 20 yrs of this addiction. It would be june 17th. I remember the date thats sad. I vowed to never hit that 20 year mark. I am on day 5 of no hands on myself. But i did watch some a few days ago.
    Tips: try to not be alone talk to good people when u can. Keep the lights on more literally or get some sunshine. Dont let the darkness take over.
    Good luck

Kingfisher likes this.