1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you combat loneliness in the moment?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by zippy111, May 14, 2020.

1. zippy111

zippy111 Fapstronaut

That is very rough. My employer was considered essential and I have been fortunate enough to continue living somewhat normally.

2. zippy111

zippy111 Fapstronaut

I think using it to fight cancer is very exciting.

Not sure if you heard about it before, but a scientist in China actually “designed” a pair of AIDs resistant babies. Supposedly, they could be exposed to the virus and their immune system could defeat it. He went to jail though. What he was doing was against the law in China.

I don’t agree with the “trying to be god” statement. I think it is nature, and we are just using parts of nature. We are moving them around and assembling them. There are obviously a ton of ethical and moral questions related to gene therapy and editing.

I overall think we should be developing these technologies. A lot of people are concerned about what people could do with the technology. I think people will use it anyway, so we should develop it and understand it (and with that how to combat it).

how do you think the ethical/moral questions should be handled?

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Monk-Mode

Monk-Mode Fapstronaut

I think it's the existential lot of all people to feel a fundamental sense of loneliness, even if they are with a group or crowd, even if they are in relationships. There's just an inner part of every human that remains private and unseen by even our closest intimates, if any. I think the strategy is not to find people to solve or soothe our loneliness. We need to first begin to feel at home with ourselves, even when we feel lonely. We must transform moments of loneliness into moments of holistic and beneficial solitude. We need to find some basic happiness and calmness just being ourselves, and whatever that involves, accepting our virtues and our vices - the whole package. We must embrace times of lonliness - just look at it calmly and don't get agitated - just knowing it is common to everyone at one time or another. Then, only after, and not until, one accepts themselves in solitude can one be open to inviting a holistic relationship in one's life, a person that will most likely be drawn to oneself because of such a holistic foundation and not necessarily someone we had to seek out. When one has built their own sure foundation of self (and God is instrumental here, too, as One closer to us than we are to ourselves), then one can embrace holistic relationships, everything from simple friendship to lifetime partner. If one does not lay the right foundation, then all such relationships will be ultimately codependent and dysfunctional -- trying to grasp on another in our neediness for what I need and not embracing others in selfless love for what I can give to another. Best wishes, All!

4. That’s actually a tough question. I don’t pretend to know the answer.

Here on the forum right now is a debate about an ethical/moral issue, “forced vaccinations”. Wow it’s heated. I quit following the thread since people aren’t being so nice with their responses.

I’m sure synthetic biology will get more heated as time goes on and it becomes more of a factor.

I can only state what I feel about it. If it can be developed without harming people or animals then I say procede. It could dramatically change the medical field for the better.

zippy111 likes this.
  5. It is interesting how just being around others and just listening can be encouraging. There is something about being in the company of others, even without being part of the conversation, can help us mentally.

Do you have a large family?

I live alone but each day I make sure to call, text, or email someone. It’s been good for my mental/emotional health.

zippy111 likes this.
  6. zippy111

zippy111 Fapstronaut

That’s an interesting concept. Unfortunate that people are unnecessarily injecting emotion into the argument. What are you thoughts on the topic?

I agree that this may become (if it isn’t already considered) a break through technology. I think nearly every medical problem we have today could be studied, then healed or simply avoided in the next generation.

7. zippy111

zippy111 Fapstronaut

I agree. I feel like there is some connection just from being in physical presence with each other. I have a hunch it may relate to security our ancestors felt When with others versus alone.

I have 7 people and 3 dogs on my home. It’s a large family for me. There’s usually someone around, which I really enjoy.

do you like living alone? And I think reaching out at least once a day is a great idea. Something little like that can change the mood of the entire day.

8. Yes I live alone and am fine with that. Never been good with females and don’t think I’ll ever be. I grow less n less concerned about having a relationship the older I get and the further I get from my old PMO life. (I’m 52, age in my profile is wrong).

I think forced vaccinations should be done for some diseases. I think that’s all I say about that. I think this thread has been a good one and I fear there might be people that will jump in here and derail things. So I won’t make anymore comments on that.

Kind of a tough day mentally so far. Several triggers to jump on the wrong path but I reminded myself of what I’ve been reading, how great I’ve been feeling, and the consequences of giving in.

I know I can be a winner today!

How’s your day going?

zippy111 likes this.
  9. zippy111

zippy111 Fapstronaut

You can be a winner! My day has been tough and triggering today too.

10. Hang in there and don’t give up!

zippy111 likes this.