1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

4 addictions at once??

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by throwaway01, Jun 2, 2020.

1. throwaway01

throwaway01 Fapstronaut

Trying to fight 4 addictions at one time (internet surfing, gaming, weed, and.. well you know) and now I'm not really sure what to do for most of my day

I'm not engaged in anything now

2. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I think you may get overwhelmed if you try to tackle all four at the same time. Try to work on one addiction right now. When you get that under control, then move on to one of the other addictions and conquer it. I fear that you will get overwhelmed, which will lead to discouragement, which leads to despair.

PrinceOtaku likes this.
  3. throwaway01

throwaway01 Fapstronaut

Maybe but it's still a problem. Internet surfing is gonna destroy all of my progress and yet idk what to even do

4. False promise

False promise Fapstronaut

Tune in to the boring bro. All those activities you do because you’re bored. Find something worthwhile to do, to learn. If not that, just simply learn to be bored and not have to seek stimulation from something. Just sit with your thoughts for a while. I used to be addicted to all 4 of those. I still struggle somewhat with the internet, starting to get a solid grasp on pmo, and I quit weed and video games years ago. When you just sit with your thoughts you’ll find out what your true aspirations are. You’ll realize where you’re going wrong. You’ll come up with ways to combat your addictions.

5. Ceramello

Ceramello Fapstronaut

Time to prioritize. Which one is hurting you the most? If you are not sure, then ask a person that is close to you and doesn't have the same issues clouding their honest judgement.

6. Try knocking them all out at once, I have an addictive personality so I know how you feel, like 2 years ago I was addicted to weed, video games, pmo, health food which is good, honestly anything pleasurable can become and addiction to me easily.

7. kyumie

kyumie Fapstronaut

Write down a life goal one that might be to high for you.
    Start with exercising "Bodyweight, Running, Yoga".
    Start do educate again: Learn a new language, mathematics, a music instrument like piano or guitar.
    Reading books in all gerne even the one which you hate.
    Meditate.

Just as an example.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    PrinceOtaku likes this.
  8. I have the same problems. Not as much in these days than in the past but there still comes time when I get high on something...

And as I look at this now all these addictions are pretty much caused by the same reason. In me it is the feeling of loneliness that is then triggering the addiction. So I just got to work on that feeling. And try to find positive ways that will bring a relief. We know that the addiction can take spiraling you deep down in the hole. And it is tough to break the cycle once you are inside. But push yourself out as soon as possible. Go into the nature. Find people.

If you don't have enough willpower prevent yourself from getting there - so cut down the internet, break the computer, put the weed into a fire :) And then you wont have a choice but to do something else...

Ceramello likes this.
  9. To quote the Big Lebowski: "Life does not start and stop at your convenience..."

Basically, you gotta get yourself hyped up for other things. I'm also trying to quit gaming, internet and PMO, and the most helpful things have been setting goals/plans and having safe hobbies.

10. Would you ever think about going to the gym or lifting weight , going to the gym will take time away from the pace that your at , it will boost endorphins and make you feel in a better position to tackle some of the addictions , I always find going to the gym motivates me to improve other areas aswell, because what's the point of putting in that hard work and undo it , I know this is more in line with smoking and Overeating, but it gives you the same motivation none the less , just a suggestion, if no gym, you can try and start somewhere from home or just get out and go for a run a cycle somewhere , it changes the pace , gets you away from game and internet surfing forms but and wakens you up abit

11. throwaway01

throwaway01 Fapstronaut

Used to go but they are closed now so. Also no home gym equipment and I don't even know where to get any. I have been exercising most days though after gyms shut down.

12. throwaway01

throwaway01 Fapstronaut

I don't have too many other hobbies and I don't stick to any bc it isn't as good as "free" dopamine. Then again, I am surrounded by people who do nothing but abuse instant gratification as well so

Maybe it's just a growing up thing

13. Ceramello

Ceramello Fapstronaut

Sounds like you already made up your mind and we're just here to hear your excuses...?

14. Yeah just break the fcking computer like I will do soon if I will still play poker and some other crappy games. I have internet for two months now and in this time my life went downwards. I thought I will be able to have a balance now but I am still not able to. Especially now when I have lost some other things in life. I am more prone to addictions now. I don't know if I will be ever able to have a balance with my addictive personality. I might just cut down the internet again.

15. throwaway01

throwaway01 Fapstronaut

Whatever