1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

sleep paralysis how to stop it?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by vercent99, Jun 7, 2020.

1. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

since 2019 i have been dealing with sleep paralysis, i never had it before that. my worst case has been once every day for 2 weeks straight, maximum of twice in the same night. then it stops for a few weeks and goes back, now i get it like 3 times a week. this causing me to have insomnia, how to stop sleep paralysis? 5 out of 10 times i feel presence of entities in those dreams then once the realization turns in, i wake up, cant move and then half of those times i will see a hallucination of a scary entitity whether that would be a ghost like entity or a old lady, etc..

also in a few dreams i was being stabbed in the stomach and i could feel pain while waking up

2. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

@vercent99
    That can be really scary.
    I suggest you talk to a psychiatrist.

Until you meet one, you can try:
    1. Making sure you are relaxed before you go to sleep. Sit down, take some comforting breaths, don’t think about sleep. Don’t think or work too much an hour before if possible.
    2. https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...8817826.html&usg=AOvVaw1lPMLlYlEZQbUNfIJ3dlRC

3. Avoid any techniques you are practising to induce Lucid Dreaming, if at all you are. Lucid Dreaming can cause Sleep Paralysis.

4. Reduce screen time? Avoid Playing Video Games. If you already play a lot, reduce play time gradually, if you try doing so immediately, it may only become worse.

I know it’s hard to know this fact during the paralysis, but know that GHOSTS don’t exist. Its just a movie thing. If you believe in your religion, Pray to God.

You will be fine bro. Just consult a Psychiatrist as soon as possible.

Deleted Account and vercent99 like this.
  3. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

I'm affraid I don't know of any ways to prevent sleep paralysis. It would be advisable to consult a doctor first of all. It sounds like you have a real problem. If modern medicine doesn't know a way to help you, you might want to try out some more religious methods.

vercent99 likes this.
  4. Do not go seek professional help, you are under demonic attacks, when my mom opened herself up to demonic forces she had a lady in white terrorize her for a month straight until she threw the cursed object she bought away. Pray and cling to God my friend.

Deleted Account, Roady and vercent99 like this.
  5. Purity Power

Purity Power Fapstronaut

shut off wifi and replace it with ethernet, not mentionning to avoid screens before sleep

6. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Let's assume he is indeed under demonic attack. What harm could seeing a doctor do? Why do you think he shouldn't see a professional?

7. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

I am religious but I always stick to scientifical answers first when it comes to stuff like this, but I can confirm to you guys that other than constant sleep paralysis, I have seen paranormal activity in my home before several times

my siblings told me I am crazy. One time I had a very realistic hallucunation of an entity and an animal on my bed when i woke up. also I worried if I was becoming schizophrenic because sometimes I heared my mom calling my name, I went to her and said "yeah?" and she says "what?" so i said didnt you call my name and she says no. Other times I hear someone stirring a spoon in a cup in the kitchen but none's there, i became paranoid and started recording with my phone for almost an hour to get anything on camera but no luck. Also another example of hearing a noise replicating a kick on my trashbin in the room, but i am alone in the room.This hasn't happened in a while but many instances like that happened and yes I am religious, don't believe ghosts exist but I believe sort of demons may exist

I may sound like a lunatic but what would i gain from lying.. nothing. I assure u i am 100% truthful. Whether im schizophrenic or not is something i dont know. But my mom has bipolar so maybe mental illness runs in my family

i still have the sleep paralysis (mostly without hallucinations) now so i thought i would ask here for help because the community helped me alot with very personal questions. I am very apprecative of this community

i read that sleep paralysis can be causes by lack of sleep but i sleep so much... ok my schedule is bad from vacation but like i sleep at 7-8-9 or 10 am but i wake at 6 pm so that's a minimum of 8 hours

thinking_differently likes this.
  8. thinking_differently

Man just consult someone responsible

9. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

yes but hospitals closed here now except for emergies because of corona so i must wait

10. thinking_differently

Yes, yes.
    Don’t worry. You will be fine. You do seem to have patience and resilience.

vercent99 likes this.
  11. Crownyourdreams

Crownyourdreams Fapstronaut

Damn, very sorry to read about this. I experienced sleep paralysis few times in my life, and it was not good experiences.
    From what I know, it can be caused by stress, overthinking, anxiety, but I don't really know if there is any way to prevent it.

vercent99 likes this.
  12. I got rid of it by sleeping on my side instead of my back.

Deleted Account and Zeezee like this.
  13. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

that fits my current life so u are correct i think

14. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

i keep changing my positions, i cant sleep still. Sometimes sleeping on left side then right side then on my back then on stomach, also yesterday i decided to sleep at 5.30 but till after 7.15 i couldnt fall asleep (i kept checking clock every while)

15. Crownyourdreams

Have you tried drinking some calming things before bed? Something like mint tea (my favorite) or chamomile? It can help you, I always prefer eating, drinking, sniffing some natural herbs instead of eating pills. You should check the best herbs for sleeping and see if they will help you :)
    I hope in your improvement :emoji_blush:

vercent99 likes this.
  16. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

ok thank you i will try the mint tea i have it at home

Crownyourdreams likes this.
  17. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

good news: i have not had it happen since 2 weeks now, but usually around that time stamp it starts happening again so im making myself ready but at the same time doing the things that u guys said like taking mint tea before bed

18. thinking_differently

Hey! Nice to hear that. And @vercent99 Are you over your bitchy ex?
    You can try Meditation.

vercent99 likes this.
  19. Crownyourdreams

This is very good! I am happy to hear that :)

vercent99 likes this.
  20. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

thank you!

i still have the thoughts pop up once a day but i can erase them quickly by thinking about other stuff, i have not felt sad about the event anymore (only if i willingly keep thinking about it, which till now i have not)

so its going good so far, thanks for asking!