1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Peanut butter

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by User55, May 27, 2020.

1. User55

User55 Fapstronaut

Is it good for keto ? (Iam trying to keep my blood sugar levels low to avoid relapsing)

2. False promise

False promise Fapstronaut

Keto bro? Really? I commented your other post not to avoid carbs and you even confirmed that your doctor said the same thing. Now you want to do keto?

3. User55

User55 Fapstronaut

But there is so many people doing it with nofap and they say it helped them , is it wrong to do keto ? Iam 19 years old and i am not overweight.

4. False promise

False promise Fapstronaut

If you’re asking me, keto is the worst diet you can possibly eat besides a standard american diet of junk food.

There is a reason that muscle stores glycogen. There’s a reason the liver stores glycogen and releases it into the blood stream as glucose when your blood sugar drops. There’s a reason the brain runs on glucose. If you want to starve you body of carbs.. you’re doing yourself a great disservice. I could go on and on and on about how terrible the keto diet is for your health and for nofap. My success on nofap has came from eating a carbohydrate based diet.

Leader of ME likes this.
  5. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

With respect, if you're not overweight you have no business doing keto. Research what types of foods with carbs have a lower glycemic index and eat those in moderation along with a reasonable proportion of fats and plenty of protein. Your blood sugar will be fine and you'll feel a lot better.

Full disclosure, a keto diet dropped me from 200 lbs to 165 in three months but at that point I was too skinny (I'm 6 feet tall) and my head and emotions were getting a little out of whack. Keto didn't cause me more problems maintaining NoFap but it didn't help either. I have since gone back to more conventional diet, albeit with strict calorie and macro counting, combined with heavy weightlifting and am maintaining a relatively athletic looking 180 lbs at 13% bodyfat. I look and feel the best I have in years and am making slow but steady gains in my NoFap journey as well.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  6. User55

User55 Fapstronaut

I have another question, can i eat dairy products while doing nofap or it will cause urges and affect my progress ?

7. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

I have at least 3 servings of dairy a day... usually a serving each of milk, cheese, and Greek yogurt or cottage cheese. Some days I'll double up on milk or yogurt but I try not to overindulge on cheese (which is hard because I love it).

Dairy products have a good ratio of protein to calories and are a good source of healthy fats as long as you don't overdo. They do tend to be expensive especially if you go organic, but that's where portion control comes in. I know of some who avoid dairy because of estrogen concerns, others who are lactose intolerant (my wife being one), and yes some Nofappers say it makes it harder to control urges but that hasn't been my experience. For me there's no difference. As with everything, try it and see how it works out for you.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  8. Imwithyoum8

Imwithyoum8 Fapstronaut

100% agree keto and all these bullshit diets are made by people who actually tailor food plans and make money of people eating 'certain' types of food. Every few years/months someone will come along with a bullshit diet and a fake ass name to hide it. These diets deprive you of what you really need to eat. IM fasting is proabaly the best or a dawn-dusk fast like muslims.

Leader of ME likes this.
  9. Imwithyoum8

Imwithyoum8 Fapstronaut

Trust me bro these diets are full of shit, they starve you of nutrients. Bro, you're young, 19, and you have a great potential in order to build up your body the best you can do is:
    1. Cut out unhealthy processed foods e.g: bread and stuff theres lots of forums going into detail on that
    2. Cut out the artifical sugars, they come with tons of health problems and its not worth it, make dates, figs your candy and other natural sugars e.g: honey
    3. Drink lots of water, men drink generally more water than women ~7/8 glasses. Its great for flushing out toxins, giving you healthy and clear skin and billions of other benefits.
    4. Start bulking/cutting depending on your body type and then exercise with it

10. This is actual bullshit, it's healthy to be on keto, it's not a matter of being fat or skinny, if you take enough ketones like sodium, potasium, magnesium, and fast at a correct timing, there's no way you're going to suffer from it.
    Please do yourself a favour and don't pay attention to 40-year old diet advice

11. Preach !

12. User55

User55 Fapstronaut

I don’t agree with you , many people said to me that keto is not beneficial at all . It is all about eating clean with moderate amounts of everything.

Leader of ME likes this.
  13. Everyone I've met has told me fapping is healthy and beneficial

Leader of ME likes this.
  14. I'm not even on keto, but the advice you gave him is total bs, see if it works for you and if it does choose what to do

15. User55

User55 Fapstronaut

If you found it beneficial then it is .
    I’ve tried keto and i don’t feel energetic at all
    The keto depends on less carb or even no carb which most of us need to workout/go to work or to do other stuff . So I don’t feel That keto is for everyone including me

16. User55

User55 Fapstronaut

I know it’s healthy but i feel it is more for overweight people

17. oryxcrstl

oryxcrstl Fapstronaut

Get your information from credible sources. This forum really has no business giving diet advice ESPECIALLY without sources.

Your doctor > what randoms are saying with anecdotal evidence and without sources

Personally I hate keto because it is bad for the enviroment and unethical (if 1% of meat not factory farmed it absolutely destroys the enviroment and not substainable for everyone).

18. I'm doing keto bc I'm still 25kgs overweight and it's the only thing that ever worked for me. I think it should be a community effort to respect each other's beliefs and opinions.

AlphaGod and Leader of ME like this.
  19. I don't recommend doing keto. Keto was originally developed as a temporary cure for epileptic seizures.

If anything, you may want to look into paleo, if you want to keep your blood sugar levels down.

20. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

If there's something that's destructive for the environment, it's big scale agriculture of plants and high-carb diets that are insulin-spiking, gut-wrecking and also bad for your mental and dental health.
    Plant-agriculture with huge monocrop-fields demand way more water, resources and care than do traditional and open livestock-keeping in big fields (where the cattle get it from the grass/plants they eat, plus rainwater and water from ditches). It also depletes the soil of its minerals after several rounds of toxic pesticides that go into the man-made plants.
    Plus, it kills more rodents, birds, bugs and other species that are necessary for the environment and eco-systems than cows, pigs and chickens that are slaughtered within the big factory-farms. It is all a question about specie-ism but some seem to think that pigs, cows and chickens are above rodents, bugs and other birds.

I do in no way support big meat factory farms (or agriculture) but if all farms were smaller and organic in nature, the meat would be more nutrient-dense and people wouldn't need to eat as much of it to feel full and satiated for long. Especially not if it is accompanied with butter, cream, or any other kind of saturated fat.

Leader of ME likes this.