1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate the last movie you watched v. 1

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 7, 2018.

1. I think there making a new Bill & Ted currently

CLaYFiRC likes this.
  2. I know! I'm so excited for it!

bluemax4 likes this.
  3. yourhomieishere

yourhomieishere Fapstronaut

Hour 1 of Frozen 2
    I was wicked bored, hated it. I didn't even finish it. I loved the first one but I couldn't sit through this one.

4. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Pitch Black
    Another rewatch. Such a great scifi/horror/action movie. Not all that scary aside from maybe one part, but makes up for it in every other aspect. The way they establish Riddick as a total badass is soooo good. Scenery is so beautiful I could watch the movie for that alone. Characters are interesting and make some decent development. The concept of being deserted on a planet with almost unstoppable creatures of the night is extremely fascinating. The ending was sadder and better than I remembered. Absolutely love it.

palindromo likes this.
  5. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

Atomic blonde 7/10

Graphic 9+ neon noir

6. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

A star is born
    7/10
    This movie seems to be a copy of aashiqi 2
    Difference is aashiqi 2 was way better with touching ending
    Only good thing about this movie is lady Gaga's acting....and few songs

7. This is a remake, so... not sure when aashiqi 2 came out, but A Star is Born is an old movie.

8. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

ok...i was not aware of that
    aashiqi 2 is a 2013 hindi film......and its plot is also how an alcoholic singer helps a young girl to make it big in the industry ...in the process they fall in love.......and in end he commits suicide.......and ending of that movie gave a lump in my throat........and this movie(a star is born) lacked that emotional aspect for me......also songs of aashiqi 2 were phenomenal......most of them become chartbusters

9. Yeah, the original Star is Born came out in 1937. Lol so this was definitely first.

It's odd to me that the movie lacked emotion for you. I bawl my eyes out every time I watch that movie.

10. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Yes...I had high expectations with this film....
    But I didn't find it that good......but I must say Gaga was impressive

11. Peter Jackson's King Kong - 9/10

I haven't watched this movie since April 2010 and I always give this movie an 9 out of 10 since it first came out. First time on Apple TV and noticed that it's so colorful on either Blu-ray or 4K than I remember when it was on DVD. It still holds up and no movie today can even match the power of the special effects, Andy Serkis' motion-capture performance, and the depth to the characters. It is one of the better remakes in the past 20 years that's done correctly.

Akeakua, MJ93 and AngelofDarkness like this.
  12. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

Looney Tunes: Back in Action - 7/10

Been part of my childhood. Still funny to me. :D

Akeakua likes this.
  13. cr7da8055

cr7da8055 Fapstronaut

Weathering with you(Tenki No Ko): 9.5/10.
    My heart felt warm and fuzzy like never before!
    Also it’s an anime movie, I know people underestimate anime before watching it so...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  14. Fomo Sapiens

Fomo Sapiens Fapstronaut

The Platform - 2/5

I have watched a lot of dark films (Guinea Pig 2 anyone?) so I am no stranger to movies that border on snuff. But by the end of this film, even I felt degraded and defiled. While the eponymous platform is an innovative basis on which the plot unfolds, gratuitous levels of violence and disturbing imagery still need to be justified by a satisfactory denouement. Do not expect to find that here.

15. Zexiant

Zexiant Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

The pursuit of happyness 9,9/10

Very inspired and motivated me.

PowerfulSRE and u376 like this.
  16. Jojo Rabbit

10 Adolfs out of 10 Hitlers. It’s a great black comedy about Nazi Germany. Definitely recommend!

cr7da8055 likes this.
  17. PowerfulSRE

PowerfulSRE Distinguished Fapstronaut

Jumanji: The Next Level

5/10

cr7da8055 likes this.
  18. Tommy Boy: 7.5/10

One of my favorite 90s comedies. The chemistry between Chris Farley and David Spade is so natural and hilarious. It’s a shame Farley died so young. He was such a great and physical comedian. It’s amazing how a guy his size could do so much physical comedy (falls, cartwheels, etc). Overall, Tommy Boy is such a great movie. A comedy with a lot of heart.

cr7da8055 likes this.
  19. cr7da8055

cr7da8055 Fapstronaut

I want to eat your pancreas : 9/10
    Anime movie, no judging by the name. It’s a romantic sad story, that brings about the meaning of life and it’s purpose. Loved it!