1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to desensitise your immune system to an allergen?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Austin88, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Austin88

Austin88 Fapstronaut

Hello guys,

I have these mushroom tablets that I bought because of the health benefits proven by various studies. I took one tablet (recommended is 6) but after taking it I had tingling in my hands and feet and felt a bit weird. My cheeks got red and a bit swollen and it’s gotten a bit more difficult to breathe but the supplement works, it does exactly what it’s supposed to. Which leads me to the question in the title, with continued use is it possible to make myself not have a reaction to the tablets or should I look for another supplement despite how very beneficial it is for me to take these specific tablets?

2. angelpart

angelpart Fapstronaut

Definitely possible, in fact it's even the base idea in some medical treatments for allergies.
    If your body's reaction is not too strong (no health risk), then you can try and ingest a little bit every day or so. Once your body becomes accustomed to it and you don't feel anything you can increase the dose a little. And repeat.

3. Austin88

Austin88 Fapstronaut

I asked my doctor about this about a nasal spray he says the allergic reaction would be worse every time you take it, but I’m not sure about these mushroom tablets. I don’t want to end up with anaphylaxis. lol. The thing I think about is would this be safe?