1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is ejaculation good or bad?

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by melville, Jun 10, 2020.

1. melville

melville Fapstronaut

I've gone 42 days without ejaculation and it is no problem whatsoever. However, I've found that quite a few articles claim that it is healthy to ejaculate, but it seems like there are very little research to back the claims.

What's your view on this? I'm really invested in trying this thing out for as long as possible, but obviously I won't continue if it is unhealthy.

Wugazi32 likes this.
  2. melville

melville Fapstronaut

Sorry, I've just found that there are a lot of threads on semen retention which I did not know was the same thing as not injaculating. I'll look into those threads.

3. PowerfulSRE

PowerfulSRE Distinguished Fapstronaut

Awesome job mate! 42 is great for a start, you should be proud and you should definitely keep going. I will only share my opinion and say that ejaculation is not healthy.

Good that you found out about retention, here is one post that you can read.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Semenreten..._ugly_truth_about_semen_sperm_retention_what/

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. melville

melville Fapstronaut

Thanks mate - and thank you for the link. Super inspirational!

PowerfulSRE likes this.
  5. Davidphd1866

Davidphd1866 Fapstronaut

I'd answer the question this way, and I am NOT trying to be glib.

Oxygen is good for you. Too little will kill you. Too much will kill you.

Ejaculation: The body has figured out how to prevent you from doing too little: the wet dream, and gradual release into the urine and the blood stream. Do you think your creator left it up to you to make sure you did it enough? So ejaculating.....in very limited amounts....won't hurt you. But causing yourself to ejaculate, is 100% unnecessary.

My doctor (urologist) says, "less is more" in terms of ejaculation. He said the only real reason to intentionally ejaculate is for having a baby.

Targaryenn, melville and PowerfulSRE like this.
  6. I think it can be good. Long as it doesn't rule your life, probably can't do your body wrong to clean your tubes out

melville likes this.
  7. PowerfulSRE

PowerfulSRE Distinguished Fapstronaut

I totally agree with your doctor. He is a rear example amongst doctors today.

Targaryenn and Davidphd1866 like this.
  8. In terms of the Bible this isn't true at all. For a husband and wife in marriage, sex is something to be done often and enjoyed. A gift from God. It is a special bond between two people that is like nothing else. Just making a baby is definitely not its only purpose.

Davidphd1866 likes this.
  9. Davidphd1866

Davidphd1866 Fapstronaut

I certainly will not challenge the Bible's meaning. I am utterly unworthy to do so.

I think you are referring to the book Song of Songs? But that, too, is old testament. Old testament also explains the period of "Niddah" or unclean during a woman's period and she is not to be touched.

I am not aware of any New Testament reference specifically to sex with husband and wife.

(I am delighted to read whatever you suggest. The Bible is a never-ending learning experience for me.)

For the record, I don't want to cower from an opinion, but I think in terms of the Bible sex was a gift that had a purpose: to promote the having of children. So the real question, is "abstaining" from having children the real sin?

10. I would highly suggest not throwing out the Old Testament teachings simply because the New Testament exists. That isn't how it works. Jesus didn't come to make the Old Testament irrelevant, He came to further expand on it. Simple things like eating unclean food that can now be eaten are of course obvious ones, but there is the 10 Commandments. It says thou shall not commit adultery, but Jesus explains that if you eve n think of another woman besides your wife lustfully, you have already committed adultery in your heart. This was to further illustrate that we need Christ and that it is literally impossible for anyone to completely follow the 10 Commandments. It's meant to humble us and experience humility in our need for something more.

The Song of Solomon is actually a very good example of how a husband and wife are to enjoy each other. The bible does not say that not having children is a sin. Not every woman is meant to be a mother. And that's okay. Not everyone is going to have children. If it's in God's plan, then it will happen. If it's not, it won't. And nothing will change that. Yes, God wants us to be fruitful and multiply, but this is not a command. Nor is it sin not to have children.

This article should help you see how sex in marriage goes infinitely deeper than simply reproduction: tinyurl/y7p679ph (put the dottt commm after tinyurl since I can't post links yet)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2020
    Davidphd1866 likes this.
  11. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

Its bad.

You have done a great job by abstaining for 45 days! Now make those 45 days infinity!

CaptainFranklin likes this.