1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Life advice, let's share!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by FellowCompanion, May 13, 2020.

1. FellowCompanion

FellowCompanion Fapstronaut

I created this thread so we can have the opportunity to share our experiences and learn from each other.

I think that it might be benefitial and can take away the fear of the future.

Feel free to share anything that can help someone out.
    What is the most important lesson that you've learned?

:)

Breakthrough23 likes this.
  2. FellowCompanion

One thing I have in mind is something a good friend of mine told me once.

"Carry God inside your heart, do good and good will come to you"

Help others out through little things. Say something nice and make their day. It'll make them and you feel better :)

3. Day Sunshine

Day Sunshine Fapstronaut

Keep your mind positive. It's not what you think you are. It's what you think, you are.

4. FellowCompanion

I agree with that one. Our thoughts have big influence on our well-being. Stay positive but don't hide from the negative because it's just as important. Rather, accept both the way they are and move on. Otherwise you'll get stuck.

Day Sunshine likes this.
  5. PluuX

PluuX Fapstronaut

I might be wrong so take it with a grain of salt but it really resonates with me. That is to allow others to be whoever they are and avoid trying to change them because we don't like a particular trait about them. Recently I've been trying not to judge others, even though I think they're doing something wrong or their lifestyle is horrible. I've also stopped giving them unsolicited advice. This will do more harm than good.

The only person you're responsible for is yourself. You can't change others. People will change only when they're ready and when they truly understand why the change is important, usually when they hit the rock-bottom.

6. Build a life worth living is more important then daily habits

7. embodiment of luck

embodiment of luck Fapstronaut

Be humble while building something, for a while I was learned to play piano in secret and some people who know me heard me play it, and they were surprised. The lesson I learned is never brag or seek attention, suffer in silence and you will have
    loud success.

8. How has playing the piano changed you?

embodiment of luck likes this.
  9. embodiment of luck

embodiment of luck Fapstronaut

It is not playing the piano, but understanding that people will be attracted to you if you stay humble and if you
    brag all the time about your achievements you will fall in everyone's eyes.

10. One thing I learned was to let things come naturally. Don't try to force things to happen. If something isn't going well, take a break from it and reevaluate if necessary.

11. Joseph Campbell

Joseph Campbell Fapstronaut

Alan Watts said once that the only real way to make sense of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance... After spending a near decade sitting on my hands in attempt to understand a lot of heavy change that was happening in my life, I can say that sitting on the sidelines offers a unique experience, but really understanding what's going on with yourself, with the world, and finding that feeling of direct experience, of really being alive comes from hitting the dance floor

FellowCompanion likes this.
  12. What have you learned since hitting the dance floor?

13. Joseph Campbell

Joseph Campbell Fapstronaut

That it feels really good. And all the bad shit you think will come crashing down really doesn't... But also that it's hard. Like it's hard to be human... I think for a long damn time I figured if I just sat back far enough, I could see everything and make sense of it all and then start participating in my own life when it would all be smooth and easy flowing but... That flowing state does come and go for sure, but I think I really just wasn't accepting that life is an intense thing and there's no way out of having it hurt a good deal. I'd rather have it burn like hot iron and feel alive than have that slow bone and soul deep ache from knowing you are living a cowardly life though, that I've figured out for damn sure!

FellowCompanion and Vicit_fidem like this.