1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate the last movie you watched v. 1

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 7, 2018.

1. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

I was going to write here after I watched the Candyman. Apparently I forgot. Anyways it was a really good horror film. Propably going to become one of my favourites. Soundtrack was hauntingly good, pacing was amazing and the ambience of the movie drew me in. It also managed to have very strong rather political themes without feeling like it was rubbing them in my face or trying to pander to some demographic. Oh, and how could I talk about Candyman without mentioning Tony Todd's charismatic performance and beautiful voice? When I started watching this movie, I was hyped because I had heard about Candyman at a very young age and loved the idea of a hook handed killer who had been executed with bees, but I feared it would be some poorly done cheesy supernatural slasher. Although I felt uncomfortable watching some parts of the film (not in the sense of being scared though), I loved every second of it and think that I might end up loving it even more on second time watching, whenever that might be.

2. Rewatched the whole Hunger Games series. They're all still 10/10.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2020
    Shadow™輝ツ and Taylor25 like this.
  3. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  4. FutureKing

FutureKing Fapstronaut

I haven't watched a movie since. Before the rona. Went to 3 a week on an AMC subscription.

The last ones I watched were:
    Jumanji: 7/10
    Frozen: 7/10
    Parisite (Korean) 8.5/10
    Star Wars Rise of Skywalker: Dolby 9/10, Imax 8/10, regular theater 5/10

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. Oh, I also recently watched How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. Such a brilliant romcom. Never gets old. 10/10

6. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Plot twist: The kid is recruited into a gang and sells drugs, and stops caring what other people including the parent(s) thinks but put up a pretense for as long as they gotta live at home. After all, the gang probably provides some semblance of "respect" whereas this is the opposite..

Edit: What would they do if the kid beats and puts another kid in the hospital with the sandwich board? Just give them a soft one next time while the time bomb ticks?

Asgardian36 likes this.
  7. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Do you still have me blocked?

8. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

This is not a movie!

9. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge - 9/10

Great animation. Impressive voice acting. The blood and gore that was seen was freaking sick.. in an awesome way. As a huge fan of Mortal Kombat, I fucking loved it!

10. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

How many movies and how many games are there now?

11. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

Only two live action movies from the 90s, and the new animated film that I mentioned

And there are now 11 games, including MK 11 Aftermath... which I never got to play

12. I always thought the first one is the best of all.

Deleted Account likes this.
  13. Of the movies, I think I would agree. Although I also like the second one a lot.

When it comes to the books, Mockingjay is one of my favorite books of all time. The movies are great, but the book is definitely better.

Shadow™輝ツ and Taylor25 like this.
  14. Watched The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly for the first time this weekend. 8.5/10

Taylor25, BruceD, LEPAGE and 2 others like this.
  15. Shadow™輝ツ

Shadow™輝ツ Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Parasite, it is a oscar movie and my friend was suggesting me to watch, honestly it was really good, i did not expect it to be that good, i could not move my eyes from the screen, it was funny, intense, and shows a really deep message, 10l10, Do watch.

16. I was just about to post about Parasite! Lol I don't think I posted about it yet, but forgive me if I already did.

It's a tough one to rate, because by the time I got around to watching it, it was so hyped up, so my expectations were all out of wack.

I will say, it was described to me as a horror comedy, and that really is not a good description at all. There's nothing horror about it. Suspense, sure, but definitely not horror. So as a horror fan, that was a little disappointing.

But taking the movie for what it was actually meant to be, expectations and bad descriptions aside, it was really good. I enjoyed it a lot. Very clever story, super funny, well done all around. I'd definitely recommend it. I just wouldn't tell people it's a horror movie, or they will be disappointed.

17. Shadow™輝ツ

Shadow™輝ツ Fapstronaut

My Journal
    LOL there is only one scene that scared me tiny bit, when that kid goes to the fridge to eat cake, and that stands there in the dark with those eyess ooo, and nothing else was scary to me, and i also didn't watch before becuz it was too hyped like game of thorns which i never watched and never will, but all the hype for parasite was worth it :)

Taylor25 and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Yeah, I really don't understand why anyone labels it as horror at all. It's not even slightly scary. It's somewhat intense at times, but it's more of a comedic drama. It's a great movie though, just not a horror movie.

Taylor25 and Shadow™輝ツ like this.
  19. i'm going to watch Madagascar first part 2005 tonight its my favorite so i will rate it 10/10...

Shadow™輝ツ likes this.
  20. Shadow™輝ツ

Shadow™輝ツ Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Are u 11? jk no hate i love animations too like spider verse, shrek beauty and the beast , wreck it ralph etcc but madagascar is like 7\10 and spider verse 10\10 my opinion :)