1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

PS5 event: what are your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by AtomicTango, Jun 11, 2020.

1. FutureKing

FutureKing Fapstronaut

If people are expecting things to be as crazy as console generation progress before, I am afraid they will be disappointed. Now counter to what singularitarians would have you believe, technological progress won't increase by leaps and bounds any more, rather be increasingly incremental. My Note 9 isn't exponentially better then a Note 8. We wont have that jump from NES to SNES. While I will still buy the PS5, because I can justify it with a personal cost benefit analysis, I obviously don't expect miracles.

Shadow™輝ツ likes this.
  2. I'm much more of a retro gamer, so I haven't even got a PS4 or Xbox One yet.

If there was one thing I'd change about the playstation controller, it's the rubbish d-pad, but they failed to do this with the new redesign.

AtomicTango likes this.
  3. Seems to be an unpopular opinion on here but I think it's fugly :D The controller is nice but the console itself looks really dated compared to the 4. Really not my cup of tea but I'm glad it works for people.

As for games for now I'm only excited about Stray and TLOU 2. But very keen to see where it goes

4. PerseveranceToday

PerseveranceToday Fapstronaut

I think the opposite. Console itself looks nice but that controller looks like a marble brick.

Honestly I just want the price tag. I think they're purposefully withholding it because it's going to be comically high, they want people to get all excited so they're more likely to defend whatever BS comes next.

5. Same here, after the amount of years we had to wait this is the best design they could come up with? I thought with each console they matched their era but not this one. lol

6. GigglingTrout

GigglingTrout Fapstronaut

I didn't know about that... that's interesting. I was getting a lot of RE4 vibes from the trailer, so that totally makes sense.
    I loved that game (probably my favorite that I've played of the series), so I'm on board for this ~

7. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I wonder if the Horizon sequel is actually a long way off, longer than they want you to think. IDK, I get that impression for some reason.

8. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I play a lot of fast paced shooters and I am good at them, but at this point a lot of failures on the players part tend to be the result of terrible netcode. I've been playing CoD WW2 recently because it was free on PS4 and holy shit is that game so twitchy I feel like you need to snort cocaine before every match to keep up with it. Its insane even compared to other cod games.

9. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I think sony will cave first and announce price, then xbox will undercut them.

10. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Still want an ES game set entirely in Black Marsh but it looks like 6 isnt it based on the teaser.

11. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Why arent you interested in Resi 8?

12. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Yep, 4 is my fave as well, very excited for 8, especially as it confirms the recent leak of it was completely accurate.

13. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Weirdly, it seems like Ratchet and Clank is using the new "super fast loading" thing the best, with the dimension swapping being seamless. That kind of thing probably isnt feasible on a PS4.

Deleted Account likes this.
  14. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Feel like xbox and sony are playing chicken with each other, trying to wait for the other to move so they can act accordingly.

15. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Yeah I think it looks ugly as well. Would prefer a sleek black design like all the rest.

16. Shadow™輝ツ

Shadow™輝ツ Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Honestly in my opinion I think the console looks good, and the black and white looks really futuristic, I dig it, and I’m not even bothered about them milking gta 5 lol and the futuristic mods we saw for gta 5 are about to come real and I’m excited for spider man and hitman

AtomicTango likes this.
  17. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

Just give me my Batman game.

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  18. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I'm flabbergasted that whatever Rocksteady have been working on hasnt been shown yet. I'm thinking its perhaps a Worlds Finest game as opposed to just another Arkham game.

19. Not my thing really, I stopped liking them after resident evil 5 (which was my favourite for coop), and honestly the style now and mainly the story is just meh to me. They're highly overrated in my opinion, much like the new RE: 2 and failure that was RE: 3.

I would have been interested in an RE: 4 remake, but for how much they have been changing and messing around with their older games, I have no interest or hope for it.

I'm just chuffed to see RE 5 get re-released on newer consoles so I can play it again. lol

Shadow™輝ツ likes this.
  20. Do you remember PS3 cost 500-600 dollars when it's launched? Most people didn't buy a PS3 until the late 00s and early 10s when the price went down and then that God of War PS3 Super Slim bundle for 300 dollars in early 2013. PS3 had a killer library, though.