1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Athens Academy

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Mar 31, 2020.

1. cr7da8055

cr7da8055 Fapstronaut

Yes,I will surely do that. Somehow went weak yesterday. I made a good plan to follow,was really motivated yesterday,but fell for some stupid reason. Thanks for the advice :)

......., fg4795 and Ὀρφεύς like this.
  2. You could see it like these, take an industrial process and do it in an other way.
    I mean they say that ammonia must be produced with a catalyst of iron with Al2O3.
    You study all the kinetics and thermodynamics of the process and you come up with the idea that maybe you can use ZnO instead of Al2O3, because it will be convenient(maybe less pollution, or less cost or even both).
    That's what we dream to do.
    Of course in the real world you'll also have a lot of paper work and so on.
    I gave you the idea of chemical engineering, not the exact work of every chemical engineer :)

cr7da8055 and ....... like this.
  3. Shit, this thing is really wonderful. I am always keen on this things. I am really great at chemistry btw. :D May I ask some questions too?

1) Because you are studying Chemical Engineering, I want to ask what do you think about such things as Nanotechnology and Synthetic Biology? Do you study this thing at least a little bit at your university? Like an expert, can you say if this things are perspective? And are there any aspects of biology in your studies?
    2) why you spend so much time on programming projects? What is the interface between Chemistry Engineering and Programming?

cr7da8055, fg4795 and ....... like this.
  4. It sounds more like analytical chemistry but with the work of an engineer.. There must be more technicalities... Right?

cr7da8055, fg4795 and Ὀρφεύς like this.
  5. johnnythejohn

johnnythejohn Fapstronaut

6. These answer are linked.
    As I said, I talked about what chemical engineering is about not what every engineer does. The average engineer has a work of control. You do not find new way to do the process, you control that the process you know works to the perfection, that's where @....... technicalities show up, anylize the quality of the product, analyze if maybe the reactor is "dirty" and then works bad, look at all the plants to find the problem and so on. So you know we have a lot of maths and complicated equations, to determine whether the plant is good or need some changes.
    As I said there are many complicated equations for every single reactor, and in a real plant there's like 100 reactors.
    When the old days we had to do it manually, it could take months to find a problem, but if you are able to programm in various languages, you will be able to find the best one that can solve your problem for you ;)
    You must reach the level of Phd to decide where to totally specialize yourself, and yes in that case there's this option.
    In the normal degree there's some voluntary courses about biology but in all your degree you can take up to 6 voluntary courses, so yes you can study it, but not in a deep way :).
    Anyway as far as I know they're not perspective, but reality already now :)

cr7da8055 and ....... like this.
  7. Ha.. I knew.. Totally analytical Chemistry at its worst.. *shudders* .. It was easy to understand but sooo boring and complicated in a way that is NOT pleasant.. Always tried to stay away from it while choosing subjects..

cr7da8055, fg4795 and Ὀρφεύς like this.
  8. Ah merde, started programming at 11 y.o., left it on the last grade :/ Programming skills are necessary almost everywhere!
    Thanks for answers @fg4795 . It seems everywhere the university's system is quite similar!

cr7da8055, ....... and fg4795 like this.
  9. Well analytical chemistry it's worst in my opinion ahaha,because it is all about being in a lab, I don't like it, at least I am in open space because I work with the tons and not with the grams ;).
    But yes the boring math of finding steady state and features of what I am working it can be really boring.
    P.s. The exam I mentioned I already did was about this. The exercise was like "given the input X(compounds and their %) knowing that you work at T and P, what will come out(compounds e their %)? How much energy will the reactor consume?
    Things like this ;)
    It actually flatters me that you all are interested in it :)

cr7da8055, ....... and Ὀρφεύς like this.
  10. Ohh.. Blessed you!! :)
    Makes perfect sense if it made you cranky.. Ana always does this..

Ὀρφεύς, fg4795 and cr7da8055 like this.
  11. cr7da8055

cr7da8055 Fapstronaut

Wow,I like the idea! Thanks!

......., Ὀρφεύς and fg4795 like this.
  12. johnnythejohn

johnnythejohn Fapstronaut

13. Monday - Thursday I will be studying .

14. C=1:57
    M=0:13
    B=0:18
    L=0:10
    yeah... I have tried.

15. Only CE for the exam, no idea how much.
    Hope enough

16. Someone who watched first part of Madagascar? :D