1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

67th day of sobriety

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Shihab bhuiyan, May 22, 2020.

1. Shihab bhuiyan

Shihab bhuiyan Fapstronaut

hello, every one i just made to day 67th of nofap. for the last 2 weeks i've been off from all social media stuff. mostly i read books now a days. i am in a flatlines now, so no urges what so ever. i made some changes of my lifestyle along the way, more of a discipline life. first 2-4 days was very hard to follow, but now i am getting used to it.
    lets see what it will take me this time.

2. bjs11

bjs11 New Fapstronaut

Congratulations! I actually (about one hour ago) just disabled social media from my phone and plan to only use it as utility rather than a leisure activity. In the past I've gotten sucked in by triggering content so I'm doing all I can within my power to change that environment. Awesome work!

3. :)-keepsmiling

:)-keepsmiling Fapstronaut

Well done!!!!
    Happy for you!!

4. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

good job bro! Keep it goiung! Is this your best streak?

5. Shihab bhuiyan

No, I have few longest streak several years back. One was 110 days and other one 140. I just wanted to breakfree from this crab once an for all.

6. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

dude....we are the same fucking age!!!

looks like staying away from social media helped you a ton. Are u also staying away from watchign TV series/movies?

Targaryenn likes this.
  7. Shihab bhuiyan

yes, i made a decision about not watching any series as long as i am not rebooted. i realize watching those series gives me temporary dopamine satisfaction, i think those give me more depression. when i am off to those i feel free. so trying to live like that. also i think it will give me to find some thing which is good for the long run.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  8. What changes did you make?

Targaryenn likes this.
  9. Shihab bhuiyan

Decrease time in online, I used to sleep very late night, change that too. I go to bed early either i m falls sleep or not lying in bed. And also try to read books every day if possible. Can't make a habit yet but still trying

10. Maybe reading is boring to you. Have you tried audio book?

11. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

How much attention are you putting in to choosing a good book? Remember you don't have to read a lot at once, that will come gradually. You might set aside the same time of day to read for a while, don't judge yourself if you don't get through a lot. All books are different anyway.

Also it isn't just about decreasing time, this is the superficial view that a lot of people have about being online. The problem with addictive activities online is because there is no natural timing. They didn't create the technology to synchronize with any natural rhythm, but your body IS supposed to synchronize with different things in nature.

There's also a matter of concentration, no matter how you take in the information if there's any level of depth you need to concentrate, otherwise it goes in one ear and out the other as they say - or the comprehension wasn't really there in the first place. This is what happens when we get used to things like social media (including this site) where our attention is chopped up into little bits and we cannot sustain it for deeper understanding.

You mentioned in the first post you mostly read books but here you said it's not a habit yet, still that shows you're working on it. If you find a book interesting you might check to see if the author has some talks, interviews and podcasts too - or vice versa. Sometimes book reviews can be helpful but it might be better to hear the author talk or read an article to decide if the book would be a good choice.

12. Shihab bhuiyan

I would like to have audio book but can't access those because I am from Asia pacific and couldn't find alwa8what I am looking for. I tried some books to format on audio but those are not very enjoyable to listen.

13. Shihab bhuiyan

First of all thanks for the advise, what I meant to is that I try to read self help books at first, those are the ones which I can't read consistently because after some time its become boring so I tried along genres like drama or suspense and comedy. These kind of books i read a lot in the last few months. But books like self improvement i start reading 3 to 4 but can't able to finish it.

14. Entomorph

Entomorph Fapstronaut

Congrats !

15. Try this site called audiobookbay.net

16. Shihab bhuiyan

Thank you friend

Deleted Account likes this.
  17. control your life

control your life Distinguished Fapstronaut

congrats on 90 DAYS fella , well done ! keep the spirit !

Shihab bhuiyan and Entomorph like this.
  18. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

That's understandable. Of course you are not under any obligation to do everything they say in the self improvement books, although it is good to read enough to get the overall idea and see where they're coming from. In a way those would be the slower books anyway because you would presumably have things to try doing and that takes a while to see what kind of effect/results you get.

Shihab bhuiyan likes this.