1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

“but even then, when I allow myself a short visit to those sites, I get triggered a lot of the time.” You just told me you get triggered by going to those sites. I see you’re at 3 days. Maybe for at least 30 days you should stay off those sites completely. Just until you get a month of solid momentum under your belt.

magvor, GottaBFree and discovery like this.
  2. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

I agree. The problem is that I have to use Facebook, Twitter and YouTube for my work at least once every day. So it's always a challenge to visit those sites for work and then not get hooked by the timeline.
    And as for the 3 days, yes, I have been trying NoFap since November now and I've made it to 30 days a few times and once to 56 days, but I keep relapsing at some point. So there's definitely things I'm not doing right, but I'll keep trying until I get it right.

magvor, GottaBFree and discovery like this.
  3. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

I see. That makes more sense why you use those sites now.

4. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

Dammit dammit dammit. Relapsed again. I'm just not getting this thing under control...

5. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

Yes, but I'm not happy with it at all. It would be so much better if I could avoid social media entirely.

6. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

I just woke up for the day from an ''adult'' dream. Today might be challenging. Tomorrow will be day 6. That sounds a lot better than 0. I better get focused right away and start things off with a cold shower.

Rebooter13, discovery and Merry Terry like this.
  7. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

if you just relapsed then you are in the stage I like to call “nowhere land.” It’s easier to tell yourself right now: sense I just relapsed, I might as well relapse one more time later today and then I’ll get focused after that. And then you will tell yourself that again and again: Well I just relapsed, might as well do it one more time and then I’ll get focused after that...It’s the same nature of a drug addict doing the same thing.

The trick is to just get 24 hours under your belt of being clean with nofap....anyone can go 24 hours without pmo...just start there.

discovery likes this.
  8. dasher

dasher Fapstronaut

I want to start a run of no PMO. My last one was successful for 80 days but I relapsed in March. Back at it and more motivated.

Please add me to accountability group.

magvor likes this.
  9. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

Checking in for tuesday

10. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

Yes, thank you for reminding me. I will not binge.
    For me, in my current pattern, I need to get past 2 weeks and then I know I'm on a good track again. And I will.

artifact and discovery like this.
  11. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

12. Had a stumble last weekend and lost my two week streak. Ready to knuckle down this time and set a new record!

JJ_Kino, discovery and GottaBFree like this.
  13. You have been added to the member ranking. Welcome to the group! Please read the rules at the beginning of the thread if you have not already done so.

discovery likes this.
  14. Our all-time champion @persona2903 (who recently crossed the 400 day mark) has stepped down so somebody else can have his spot. He stays busy running another group similar to this one. That means @JJ_Kino is now #1 in the ranking. Congrats!

Looks like a whole bunch of us are in the single digits right now. That would be amazing if we could all make it to 30 days together. Who's with me?

15. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

I think I had another reset after my last post but I don’t know. I normally try to reset it right after. I hate not knowing but it’s < 24 hours if so... so I’ll let it ride.

im sick of resetting but I don’t entertain thoughts of giving up.

I’m staying really busy and it helps me.

I restarted my diet and have been busy making repairs and trying to learn Spanish.

I’m a little discouraged but moving forward.

I wanted to send a shout out to @JJ_Kino thats awesome to make the top of the list. Stay there forever my good man!

@artifact I’d like to focus on hitting 30 as well

artifact and discovery like this.
  16. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

I'm starting over again. This morning I realised what has been missing is a clear sense of what is my purpose in life. So I thought about it and came to this so far:

My purpose is to spread and support joy and beauty.

I say no to shameful desires at a distance. I say no to sex as a provider of meaning.
    Sex and love come as a natural effect of when I'm fulfilling my purpose, not the other way around.

artifact, JJ_Kino and discovery like this.
  17. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

Good to see you have a day under your belt. Now go for 2 days.

artifact, JJ_Kino and discovery like this.
  18. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

I have been un successful with nofap for about the last 2 years. My longest streak has been 16 days. So, about two weeks ago, instead of just starting another bout of nofap just to end up probably failing again; I decided to try something new this time (if what your doing isn’t working, then change it up or you will keep on getting the same result: in this case, not hitting my nofap goals). Two weeks ago I signed up to see a counselor/shrink. Today was our first session. I told him straight up that I’m basically using him as an accountability partner; and if I learn something from him that’s an added bonus.

But today we discussed: if we are trying to change a behavior, then we need to dig down deep and find the underlining reason of why we truly want to change that behavior. And if we cannot find that reason, then we are basically just relying on “will power.” And we all know how reliable will power generally is: one usually starts out motivated the first couple days, but then they get bored and fall into their old negative behaviors which usually lead to failure.

You need to find the true underlining root reason of why you want to quit PMO. Don’t just rely on the unreliable that is will power, find that root reason.

19. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

What would you say was the underlining reason for your relapse?

JJ_Kino likes this.
  20. Rebooter13

Rebooter13 Fapstronaut

I laughed with the term "adult dream" i rarelly have them now but when i have usually it gives me a sense of fulfillment for the rest of the day and it works exactly the opposite a trigger does.
    I had ten days ago or so and it kept my streak alive for 3-4 days until i relapse :p

GottaBFree and discovery like this.