1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do i master lust

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Deleted Account, May 9, 2020.

1. Forgot to say something: remove all the false cultural conditioning in your mind, sometimes we lust over girls because that's what we've seen in movies and TV and everything, so it becomes a part of ourselves, we learned to lust, but it isn't how things are supposed to be, and one day you'll realize yourself if you haven't already
    Appreciate the girl's beauty and energy then move on instantly and continue going your way, never give it much value, that's how things supposed to be
    So you need to have a purpose, a goal, as to keep your focus on something greater than sex and relationships, so attractiveness won't have such great impact on you

thinking_differently likes this.
  2. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

Cool! We are the truest to ourselves in our sleep.
    If you don’t wanna do this in your sleep, let alone in reality!
    Well done bro!

3. BB85

BB85 Fapstronaut

Nope. Can’t agree. What’s to be said for all of the partners in these forums? They’re not loved?

kropo82 likes this.
  4. We’re talking intimate love not family and friends love

5. BB85

BB85 Fapstronaut

So am I! I am the wife of an addict. I assume you’re saying it’s not true love then?

6. They do not understand the full depth of "love"... It's not just putting on a ring, taking some vows and not using rubber because you both have trust enough for that. See how many people truly ever get cured? How many return to their habits time and again?

That's because people do not understand what love really means. If they did, they would become free too.

7. If you guys love each other dosen’t matter if he’s an addict or a criminal, love will prevail.

8. Tell us then.

9. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Even if someone understands it doesn't mean they are living it consistently. First of all the word understanding points to a mental process, if we admit that people can live it without understanding it then it isn't that.

Also there is no distinction between "cure" and returning to the habits. I would suggest not returning to the habit is not proof that someone is cured, it could mean it is dormant and one does not act on it.

But the measure is obviously consistency, which can mean that someone can understand or have that clarity at certain points but it is not in their mind consistently - even though that is still different from whether they practice it and live it. It could even be that someone has come to a better understanding at a certain point but just didn't retain that or practice that as consistently as someone else, and frankly it is also a little shallow to measure love by the lack of PMO addiction - that's like the bottom line rather than the top line.

Further there's a difference between understanding something is wrong, or understanding something is missing (the true understanding of love) which is what this is, and understanding to the point of healing it. The next step of the logic, even if you did understand how to heal it, there's a question of whether you can successfully communicate it or facilitate it. There's the difference between describing the problem and solving the problem, and the former may even be a general description rather than a specific one.

thinking_differently likes this.
  10. ThePeakWae

ThePeakWae Fapstronaut

Learn to see with Compassion and not passionful lust, it´ll fix things.