1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

15 day Ratio Challenge

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Hey guys, far to often I realise on Nofap that we are so foccused on getting a longer streak than last time. Although getting a longer streak ultimately is a good thing, I personally think we are too obsessed with streaks. Usually when I had a relatively ''long streak'', I noticed myself relapsing multiple times, because my mind would say: ''it doesn't matter if you relapse a couple of times, you can start again tomorrow.''

Therefore instead of focussing on a streak I'd like to challenge anyone who wants to participate to get a ratio of 15 days. This will go as follows:
    1. 1 day without PMO means a ratio of 1, 10 days without PMO means a ratio of 10 etc. If you PMO 1 time in those 10 days you will have a ratio of 5, but if you relapse twice your ratio will only be 2.5.
    2. The goal of this Challenge would be to get a ratio of 15 and maintain that ratio for 10 days. This means that if you would want to complete this challenge ultimately you will have to have a streak of 25 days without PMO. However the focus won't be on getting that streak, but instead getting your Ratio higher.

As for this Thread, the idea is that you post a message whenever you feel like. When you are feeling good, bad, desperate it doesn't matter. The important thing is that we are in this together, and are all able to pray for each other, or give each other advice where needed.

Side note 1: The reason for creating this thread/challenge is that although it is nice to have some personal AP's, I also really enjoy having a thread where we are able to encourage and pray for each other while fighting the fight of our lives. This challenge therefore is only a stimulation, but eventually it all comes down to us helping each other is times of need. The more people are willing to join the better.

Side note 2: If this challenge is too hard/simple for you, you can obviously adjust it to a ratio that would be more suitable. Once finishing the challenge also feel free to challenge yourself to a higher ratio.

Side note 3: Also feel free to commit yourself to other challenges aside from stopping PMO, and sharing it here.

Tao Jones and Toni7 like this.
  2. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

I'm in :)
    Starting over from scratch. Ratio 0

3. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Same here, started from yesterday, ratio 1 :)

Toni7 likes this.
  4. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

Ratio is rising. Ratio 1 :)

Kemar935 likes this.
  5. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Nice!

I've been to the zoo yesterday, saw all kind of animals and had a fun day, no time to check NF though, but am now on 3 days :)

Toni7 likes this.
  6. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

Great day for you.
    Im starting again!

7. LonelyStrength

LonelyStrength Fapstronaut

im here to tag along:D

Toni7 and Kemar935 like this.
  8. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Keep going! What triggered you if I may ask?

Toni7 likes this.
  9. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Day 4, have had a couple of urges today, but managed to resist them. It's been a bit tough

Tao Jones likes this.
  10. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

I'm on ratio 2, I didn't relapse, but did edge which imo isn't good so resetted my counter

11. NamelessHume

NamelessHume Fapstronaut

Hey! Im going to participate too, so starting for today (Ratio 0)!
    Let's go buddys, we can do it!

Kemar935 and Toni7 like this.
  12. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

I was feeling down whole moring. And I keept coming back to the room. And I fantasize.. so it hapened.

13. LonelyStrength

LonelyStrength Fapstronaut

my ratio is 0 starting today

Toni7 likes this.
  14. A recent convo I had with an AP on Discord. I thought it might be relevant to everyone in this challenge. Getting free is hard work. It requires real effort. Indeed, it will take everything we've got!
    Inked01_LI.jpg Inked02_LI.jpg Inked03_LI.jpg Inked04_LI.jpg

15. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

I can understand, it's difficult. I feel like that sometimes as well and because I want to escape the feeling of sadness, stress or whatever it might be I try to look for something that makes me happy and get trapped in the lie which is PMO. I think we all have to learn that it is okay to be stressed at time, and it's okay to feel down. Of course it doesn't feel good, but I think it's important to feel that as well instead of putting it away and trying to replace it with something that will damage us deeply.

Of course this is easier said then done, and I am also really struggeling with this. I'll be praying for you

Toni7, david22 and NamelessHume like this.
  16. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

What happend if I may ask? Stand up again brother, and let's keep fighting!

17. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Wow, thanks for sharing Tao. I think I did the same honeslty, maybe I have just been distracting myself when urges came, I'll try to face them head on from now. One question. Suposse you have a appointment with someone at 1 pm, and just before that time you get urges, does that mean you shouldn't go to this appointment because you'll have to face your urges head on first? Or can you go, knowingly that it will most likely distract you once your there?

I think he was mainly talking about the times when we don't have any stuff to do right?

18. Go to your appointment. The temptation will still be there to deal with later. The key is to commit to no PMO, no matter what, especially in the moment of the most intense urges. This is easier to do when you face the temptation head-on instead of trying to dance around it through distracting yourself.

Toni7, NamelessHume and Kemar935 like this.
  19. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Awesome man! Welcome

NamelessHume likes this.
  20. NamelessHume

NamelessHume Fapstronaut

It is like he said, most of times in this journey I realized, that I was trying to escape the "bad" thoughts and feelings, instead of feeling it, and trying to solve the roots of problem, that we can solve. (But the problem will still be there)
    ----
    We sum +1 point each day, right, so Im' at Ratio 2 now.

Toni7 and Kemar935 like this.