1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What would women like to know more about men? What would men like to know more about women?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by seaguy44, Jun 4, 2020.

1. seaguy44

seaguy44 Moderator Assistant

I have an interesting story.

I have my beard for more than a year. Before then, I was always clean shaven. Now I like my beard so I kept it. I noticed I attract more women more than normal. That was a nice feeling. It's summer now so I decided to have a crewcut. The difference with this crewcut is that it's the first time I have one with my beard. In the past, I have a crewcut when I was clean shaven.

To my surprise, I got a lot of comments from women saying that I look good. I look like a military officer. That's a new compliment to me. That gave me more confidence in my appearances.

This makes me think..... of course appearances are important in today's world. Obviously. I'm curious.

I know women have various preferences in male appearances, but what do you (women) typically look in men (appearances-wise).

Men, do you have similar stories when you change your appearances, women approach to you more or differently?

2. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

A few times, yes. A new haircut is a big one, also improvements in the way I dress - nothing too dramatic, but putting on a well-ironed shirt rather than a scruffy T-shirt can work wonders. Same with putting on a nice pair of shoes, and keeping them clean and looking good. Women really seem to notice shoes!

It's worth spending a bit of money on a cologne that makes you smell great and feel confident. Freshly showered with a great smelling cologne will really turn heads. Plus I get a real kick out of it when women tell me I smell good :)

3. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

Can confirm on the shoes. I don't know why but they're one of the first things the typical woman checks out. Be sure they're not only in good condition, but shined if appropriate, and if you're wearing a belt they should match in color and level of "formality." I.e. not a cloth belt with dress shoes or a dress belt with boat shoes.

Cologne is an interesting one. I've heard that if you're not fapping, your natural (washed) smell can be highly appealing to women and you're actually working against yourself masking it with cologne. I'm married, and have had virtually no in-person contact with female coworkers for months thanks to COVID, but in past experience I've gone with and without and it doesn't make much difference. I honestly think some of the appeal of cologne is, it's so damn expensive that just by wearing it you signal you have a certain amount of disposable income, which will never be unattractive to a woman. $50-60 U.S. per bottle or sometimes much more, is quite a cash dump for many of us so do your research and test out some samples in a department store before you take the plunge if you do.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    fredisthebes likes this.