1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking of becoming a Freemason

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by FutureKing, Jun 23, 2020.

1. FutureKing

FutureKing Fapstronaut

I have a friend that got into Freemasonry, and sings their praises and whatnot. I start thinking, hang out with Law Enforcement, and tradesmen, make connections, learn secret knowledge, sounds like fun. Learning esoteric symbolism and doing secret ceremonies, also sounds like fun. I hear tales of fine suits, expensive meals, and hypnosis, sounds like a good time.

{ Ben } likes this.
  2. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

I have a certain mistrust of very secretive and/or heavily hierarchic groups, but if that doesn't bother you, go for it. Freemasonry is very interesting. Just take care of yourself.

Hros, Deleted Account and onceaking like this.
  3. The Odd Fellows are more my thing. They got a better name for one, lol.

4. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

cp, ritual sacrifices, luciferism, sounds like fun? low rank freemasons (or rotaris, lions, kiwis etc) are so stupid they dont even get it, even though theres 33 ranks who got out and reported of practices. oddly they havent been murdered.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. fedmom

fedmom Fapstronaut

I should have said I'm a blue lodge member and there may well be more perks with the additional degrees.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  6. Purity Power

Purity Power Fapstronaut

7. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

this. i was looking to quote this. i find it odd that he wasnt murdered.

Purity Power likes this.
  8. FutureKing

FutureKing Fapstronaut

I just want to hang with Shriners and drive tiny cars in parades and wear a fez.

9. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Imo sounds like a bad reason to join Freemasons or any other religion, but whatever floats your boat.

10. You wanna join a cult, in order to do stupid stuff with a cult!
    Ok.
    I doubt where we (the readers) come in. You say it sounds like a good time, so what's the hold up?

11. I have some friends who are Freemasons (my father also), some of which are also occultists but not everyone I know is interested in that aspect. Your note of learning esoteric symbolism, I believe, is something that is not particularly openly discussed in Freemasonic culture and is not even focused on by many. From what I have heard, it seems to be a niche/fringe part of Freemasonry, and talking about it openly to other Freemasons would make you look a little crazy lol. But, I am sure it's there in some regard, but I have no idea to what extent as I have no insight at all regarding Freemasonry really.

However, if you're interested in the esoteric orders, ceremony and ritual (I'm a practicing occultist myself), I recommend looking into the system of Thelema, Ordo Templi Orientis and A:.A:. (Astrum Argenteum). Not quite the place to seek opulence, though.

12. I absolutely love this guy