[90-CHALLENGE] THE NINETY DAYS CHALLENGE !

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, Oct 27, 2017.

Do you want to participate?

1. Yes

2. No, probably later

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Starman123

Starman123 Fapstronaut

You will man! No self doubt here:emoji_muscle:

bromor, Swazzy 1, Mark_Renton and 6 others like this.
  2. hellofriend86

hellofriend86 Fapstronaut

Thank you for your kind and inspirational words!

bromor, Pone, Swazzy 1 and 8 others like this.
  3. hellofriend86

hellofriend86 Fapstronaut

Checking in...
    Day 8/90.

Everyone's posts are an inspiration to me and I am excited to get more days under my belt. If others can do it I know that I can. Thank you!

4. Liam_here

Liam_here Fapstronaut

5. Timothy_James

Timothy_James Fapstronaut

Congrats man!! It's been awesome watching you make it all the way to the top of this mountain. You're on of my favorites on this thread.

You're right, this community is a huge blessing. Thanks for being an inspiration!

bromor, Pone, Swazzy 1 and 7 others like this.
  6. Timothy_James

Timothy_James Fapstronaut

2/90

Practiced meditation last night before bed and again this morning. So far (and this is only 2 days in) I've found the morning session to be much better, but I think I'll keep doing both just to see.

I had a major breakthrough this morning during meditation. I typically describe myself as a "thinker." I think A LOT and spend a lot of time just reflecting, analyzing, planning, imagining....anything happening within the mind I'm doing it almost non-stop. So, when I reached the point in the meditation (it was guided) where I was supposed to "let my mind wander or do whatever it wants" I was very surprised to find that what my mind REALLY wanted to do was NOT THINK ABOUT ANYTHING. I dropped all thoughts and just relaxed into a blank and resting state. It was amazing!

MAJOR REVELATION BELLS going off right now! My *mind* doesn't want to think all the time....*I* am forcing my mind to think all the time. There's an underlying anxiety (which I won't get into here) that I've been responding to by flooring the gas pedal of my mind and keeping it that way 24/7. I'm constantly trying to "figure out" what to do with my future (at least that's what I'm telling myself) but what I'm really doing is accepting constant anxiety.

I'm not sure if this is making any sense, so sorry if it isn't. I'm definitely NOT saying you shouldn't think about or plan for the future....what I'm saying is that my brain almost never shuts off and I just realized that for *me* that is actually a *choice* I'm making in response to anxiety. Whoa!

7. thanku man!!

bromor, Pone, Swazzy 1 and 5 others like this.
  8. Gurdev Thakur

Gurdev Thakur Fapstronaut

it's day 5 and i was procrastinating before some time as i didn't had something intresting to study or i didn't make to top 10 in my previous test ,,, both are the reasons of my procrastination and then i decided to take a cold shower so that i should not fall in the trap as i wag listening and watching music videos like kpop and english and that could have led me to watch some trigerring videos so thats why i decided to take a cold shower and now i am feeling well and also donot-feeling bored ;;;; and for the next time i will pre-plan the events or things of my day so that i should not procrastimate and feel bored ;;; my next goal is to complete day 7 and day 7 is also coming closer and i broked or ruined my last 2 streaks at day6 and 7 so this time i am fully prepared to tackle this failure of mine and will also complete my next goals

9. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

Some more thoughts about the effort that engaging in PMO takes - and how it is actually a relief of sorts to not do it - that I had this morning. Perhaps it is useful for others to contemplate this too. There are basically 2 scenarios in my experience with PMO:

1. I see or read something that turns me on and tricks my brain into thinking that sex might be happening soon. For a while I'm in this excited anticipation mode and I start touching myself. This inevitably leads to frustration, because the source of excitement is fake and nothing is going to happen. I either reach an unsatisfying orgasm or I try to mask or delay the frustration and keep this excited anticipation going for as long as possible by edging and watching more stuff, because this unfulfilled desire still feels better than facing the reality where I'm all alone at my computer.

2. At some later point I remember being in situation 1, often in moments that I feel some overwhelming negative emotion and I'm looking for escape. I remember specifically how intense this feeling of excited anticipation was and how for a short while it made the rest of the world go away. Since I am in a position where I want the world to go away, I revisit some of the things that I remember turned me on and try to get that excitement back - even though I know that it will end in frustration, I just want to feel so focused again for a while. But because the surprise of the material is gone and my brain won't be fooled again, just looking or reading doesn't do the trick anymore and I have to combine physical stimulation and browsing through a lot of material before I finally manage to get the excitement going again. Until I'm back in this world of frustration and unfulfilled desire that I try to keep going at all costs to not acknowledge that what I'm doing is really not pleasant at all.

bromor, Pone, Swazzy 1 and 6 others like this.
  10. lookingtochange

lookingtochange Fapstronaut

Day 54/90. Starting to lose a little motivation. Need to stick to the basics that I know so well, especially if I can't will myself to stay clean right now. Someone told me that relapsing this late on is a decision, so that makes me feel better, but I still need to be wary that I don't feel forced to make that decision. My approach has been focusing on my life first and bettering that has helped me with my success with no PMO, and also vice versa.

bromor, Pone, Swazzy 1 and 9 others like this.
  11. Starman123

Starman123 Fapstronaut

Thanks so much Timothy James!. You're awesome.

We're all here to inspire others:).

bromor, Pone, Swazzy 1 and 4 others like this.
  12. Starman123

Starman123 Fapstronaut

Keep going. Just know that it's "fine" to feel that way. But you also have to know that our brain is extremely deprived of something that has been a routine for it. So it'll do anything in it's hands to get you to relapse due to the huge gap of dopamine deprivation. It'll take time for you to feel 100% "you" to make 100% rational decisions. So yeah, sometimes it's okay to feel forced to make rational decisions until you're fully, naturally able to make those decisions. Therefore, "believing" is key during those times. Believing in the truths. Truths such as - "(P) is definitely harmful, or else I won't be in NoFap".

Hopefully you got what I said.

13. Starman123

Starman123 Fapstronaut

Just keep believing in those truths until they become a part of you. We have to give a little work upfront in believing the "truths". I know it's hard, but we have to start believing (at least little by little) because most of us have been rationalizing (P) and believing that (P) is good for us for too long.

14. james0422

james0422 Fapstronaut

15. Ceekay

Ceekay Fapstronaut

I relapsed but will surely push harder. Starting all over again

16. MLxg

MLxg Fapstronaut

I am very happy that you are able to idetify and analyze the situations that lead you to PMO.
    I am not an expert in the domain but I think you just described how dopamine addiction works.
    Our brain is always looking for dopamine, but dopamine can be generated by every succeful work.
    However PMO is generating a lot of dopamine, and therefor the quantity of dopamine generated by reading a book for exemple is not exciting your brain anymore, I would say that this is the reason of you feeling bored all the time.
    The idea behind the reset, is giving your brain as less dopamine as possible every day, once the reset is reached, your brain will be happy with the quantity of dopamine generated by reading a book, or doing a physical excercise, you will start appreciating life more and more.
    It is not easy, but if it was, we wouldn't call it a challenge. Think about the final reward and stay strong :emoji_muscle:

17. MLxg

MLxg Fapstronaut

Check in, day :emoji_one::emoji_one:

18. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I dont know about addicted but its definitely possible to get obsessed with someone.

19. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Cold showers, exercise and a spiritual quiet time in the morning almost always leads to a good and successful day. For me

MLxg, bromor, Pone and 8 others like this.