1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

anyone excited on Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Pre-ordering I get, but I still see nothing wrong about getting excited about a game, especially when they've made good games in the past. At least it gives me hope for more fun games in the sea of boring and bland ones that are currently out.

2. CD PROJEKt Streaming gameplay right now

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Just as I thought, it's like Deus Ex which is awesome. Can't wait for it now.

Clean Plate likes this.
  4. Bigguy4u

Bigguy4u Fapstronaut

Whatever floats your boat I suppose.
    I'll wait for something more than heavily scripted "gameplay", the guns have no weight to them too, which isn't a good sign. I guess we'll see.

5. May i ask you whats your favourite game?

6. Same to you mate, and at least that's better than nothing.

7. Clean Plate

Clean Plate Fapstronaut

Yeah im surprised. Im busy atm but is it a big map/open world?

8. Not much is known, but they themselves said it's going to be open world like their other games.

Clean Plate likes this.
  9. Yep open world without any loading screens.

10. Bigguy4u

Bigguy4u Fapstronaut

Favorite game? I've played too many to have only 1, a few of my favorites would be arma 3, fallout new vegas, S.T.A.L.K.E.R CoP, and Deus Ex: Human revolution.

11. Just watched gameplay footage on twitch and it looked great! Cyberpunk 2077 is going to consume so many hours of my life. I cannot wait!

12. Thats actually pretty good list.

13. The setting looks absolutely impressive and I'm sure it will have a lot of Blade Runner references. But I don't know about the gameplay. I personally am not a big fan of open-world (with a few exceptions) and RPG games, I prefer linear-gameplay that keeps me engaged by always telling me what to do next and at the same time I like gameplay that involves mastering techniques/strategies/mechanics to progress, not to immerse. If I'm just thrown into an open world (despite having an engaging setting) with some weapons and I get to explore the world and develop my own character along the way, I get bored quickly. But that's just my personal preferences. I guess the detailed futuristic design of the world alone makes it worth checking out. And maybe the narrative will be engaging enough for me to at least linearly follow the story missions.

14. Bigguy4u

Bigguy4u Fapstronaut

Thanks, since this is a video game thread, why don't you share some of your favorites?
    Usually when devs make an open world, it's an open world of fuck all and stupid minigames/collectibles(or nothing at all, in the case of MGSV), although I don't like overly linear games either. I think separate levels with open designs are nice, i.e. MGS Ground Zeroes, where you have a good mix of linearity and openness allowing you to approach each situation differently while keeping you focused on one or two objectives at a time in a much more detailed and interesting environment.

15. I agree, that's what I mean, I think having an open world within the level design itself is fine if there is the linearity of following a story through levels/missions, something like Red Dead Redemption, GTA, Mafia, Far Cry etc. and I can simply choose to leave the sandbox-part/side-missions of the game on the side if I want to (or like you say, if there isn't much to do in the first place). But I think open world in combination with RPG could be difficult for me, because I'm simply not someone who enjoys spending hours customizing their character, talking to NPCs and exploring a whole open-world while upgrading their character along the way. I'm more about acquiring or needing certain skills for the mechanical aspects of gameplay with an engaging story/setting complimenting it. But I'm definitely keeping an open mind with further development of the game, visually I'm impressed.

16. Bumpin official Cyberpunk thread

17. Kind of weird to see people comparing Witcher 3 to Cyberpunk. I don't even know what they have in common aside from the developer. From personal experience, I have learned that hype should not be trusted. I'm probably not going to get it, at least not at full price. Need to have a reason to buy it other than trailers.

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  18. Highest IQ comment here.

19. anewversion

anewversion Fapstronaut

20. I heard they pushed the release date to 2077.

FellatiousD likes this.