1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Haircuts these days

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jul 8, 2020.

1. So, have you got your hair cut recently, in these Covid-19 times?

Did you have to make an appointment first?

Was there a lot of sterilising and stuff going on? Was it all a bit weird?

I haven't got my hair cut for months. Some days I'm happy enough with my hair being long, other times I wish it was shorter.

I was never a huge fan of getting my hair cut, it was mostly a chore, although it can feel good afterwards.

2. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

I got into another hobby called cutting my hair, it gets better with the time. Honestly I can go to the barber but it's really fun and saves money. You just gotta be patient with that, nobody becomes a barber in one day, unless you really can't stand doing it this is another story but there's bunch of tutorials. You gotta be ready for being bald or just suffer looking wierd on sides with a hat on your head... I'm still no expert, but I'm not giving up.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    Buddhabro and diaspar like this.
  3. PerseveranceToday

PerseveranceToday Fapstronaut

I'm also cutting my own hair now. Who needs barbers? Sometimes it goes better than others but hey, as a student I'll take every penny I can save.

Buddhabro and diaspar like this.
  4. I've cut my own before as well, but not for a few years. I generally used a hair clippers rather than attempting using scissors.

Another option is to get a friend or family member to cut it for you. Results can vary obviously.

A problem with "home-made" haircuts is that the hair clippers may be relatively low-quality compared to what a barber has, so the haircut may take longer and be pretty irritating lol.

5. I just wore a mask 1 month and a half ago. I'm not really imaginative with my hair I just shave it off.

diaspar likes this.
  6. I just made an appointment over the phone to get my hair cut tomorrow, which is something I pretty much never do. I usually just walk by a few barbershops and go into the one with the fewest customers. It also helps if the barber isn't talkative.

So yeah, I'll tell you how that goes tomorrow..

7. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

You know I have been thinking about it and my barber doesn't put much effort like in all the videos I see, he just goes fast clipper over comb on all my hair (still looks great). Also I have been thinking about this, do all barbers work that you to do fast haircuts and in the videos they are mastering it because it's a video? I'm confused.. my barber doesn't put cream protection from the razor and I'm all cut, since years he does that..

8. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

Don't except anything, just saying! :)
    It takes time and practice.. I'd suggest starting a basic fade which is not with a zero.. all you need is around 4-5 guards if you got them

Don't worry, the result doesn't match the guy's haircut in the video. It's just some top job he did to him.

diaspar likes this.
  9. Thanks for the tips and the video. Maybe I wasn't clear enough, but I'm going to a barber's tomorrow. Perhaps next time I'll try cutting it myself.

10. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

Wow I'm so confused, my bad lmao.. I saw you saying "I'll see how it gets"

11. Yeah I just meant see how it goes with all the covid-19 rules going on and all that. Plus the fact that I've got several months worth of hair growth to get cut so it'll be a bit of a change.

A long time ago I had proper long hair (as in ponytail length) for a couple of years. One advantage of that was generally not needing hair cuts, and if I did need a trim I could do it myself very easily and quickly. I got bored of it in the end though.

12. dude just grow beautiful long hair like thor.

13. I could do that. I sometimes miss having long hair. However, it can be hard to manage. Plus you get sick of people assuming you're.. (A) a musician or.. (B) on drugs or.. (C) both.

How about you, do you have long hair?

Knighthawk and Deleted Account like this.
  14. I went into Great Clips and got it cut a few weeks ago. They required masks and you might have to wait outside if there’s a line, I walked right in. Everything else was the same

diaspar likes this.
  15. I am planning to have long sexy hair.

diaspar likes this.
  16. I got my hair cut anyway. I ended up being a couple of minutes late, partly because I'm not used to making appointments at a barber's. Also traffic and another thing I forgot I had to do.

It's quite a big barbershop so there were several people inside. If it was smaller people would have had to wait outside. I sanitised my hands, put on a mask and sat down on a sofa. I had to wait about ten minutes maybe. Perhaps if I had been more punctual I wouldn't have had to wait at all.

Apart from the masks, casual social distancing and the fact that I had made an appointment, it wasn't too different to usual. Also the way I had several months' worth of hair to cut off. The other customers didn't look so hairy.

So yeah, good to have it done.

17. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

10minutes is pretty quick, in my barber's shop I wait about an hour. Reason is there isn't much barbers in my town and this barber is the most popular amongst them so he doesn't care much.

18. How much do you guys pay your barber everytime ? And how often do you go ?

19. Ten minutes was fine. I was a bit worried they'd ignore the fact that I'd made an appointment and just do things in a first come, first served way, but they didn't.

I'd hate to wait an hour, personally, although this was quite a comfortable barber's to wait in. I usually just walk by a few barber's and go to the quietest one. If they're all busy I just leave it for another time!

20. That haircut was the equivalent of about 13 U. S. dollars.

That was my first haircut in months because of Covid-19, but I usually go about every five or six weeks maybe? Once a month at the most.

Deleted Account likes this.