1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sex before marriage is it OK?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by ram_01, Jun 29, 2020.

1. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Unfortunately, people these days are either not able or not willing to keep this promise, judging from the near 50% divorce rate. @FellatiousD isn't wrong that you can still leave, but the question is more of whether you should leave after vowing not to.

2. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Why make them in the first place anyway if the key is to keeping a vow is a daily activity? I say reminding yourself daily of the vow you made to yourself in a journal is a more effective way of keeping a vow than having a wedding and putting on a show. Putting on a show doesn't do much to have successful relationship.

I was talking to someone who parents hate each but they remain married because they need to keep up appearances. For them the vow is about putting on a show and I think if they'd never got married they'd feel no need to put on a show.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. I've been laughing at you since your first post on this thread.

It is NOT true that everyone hates his/her job. Some people LIKE their job, so that analogy makes no sense. I don't hate marriage, I just haven't seen any good arguments for it. And I don't care about improving things that I see as fundamentally useless when there are better options.

4. skybrowser

skybrowser Fapstronaut

Try watching this, this guy Mark Gungor has a lot of wisdom when it comes to dating, sex before marriage and basically the best way to go about relationships.

5. So it sounds like your not against vows, you’re just against showy style weddings? Well, you’re in luck, weddings don’t have to be showy. You can have them completely private.

I feel like you’re making a huge assumption here that the vows are the cause for why they still stay together. Vows don’t require you to put up a show and I’m pretty sure most vows include the vow to “love, cherish, and honor” the other person. More often than not, marriages like your friend’s parent’s stay together for children and for financial reasons. Some people get to a certain age that they don’t won’t to bother dating so they stay with their wedded spouse and treat each other as roommates because it’s simpler than a divorce. Either way, I’ve never heard of a couple in that situation say “it’s the vows man, it’s the vows!” LOL

6. rob13_

rob13_ Fapstronaut

It's okay to have sex before marriage.

7. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

This really makes sense.

Deleted Account and skybrowser like this.
  8. skybrowser

skybrowser Fapstronaut

From observation I would say that the couples that I've seen in my circle who practiced the biblical way of things into marriage have stronger relationships than the ones I've seen in secular relationships.

Not every guy who says they're dating for marriage is necessarily doing it for points, not every guy has the same perception of how sex should be used so there are guys who are generally looking for the right one to marry.

I personally find that sex before marriage just adds more mess, especially when in a situation where the girl gets pregnant and so now she's having a baby with a guy she may not of had any intention of being with for a long time. Also think about the effect that has on the child.

9. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

You are correct, but not entirely.
    One needs to understand the purpose of religion and extract the really useful things that really make sense, out of it(there are a few of these) and use these to one’s advantage.
    However ‘Scientific’ a person may be, one can’t deny that he/she has emotions which do not always bow to logic.
    So my point is, Understand why a few(very few)aspects Of religion are valid. Think about these for yourself, and see if you find a reasonable justification. If you do, good! Follow it. If you don’t knock it out.
    But one can’t generalise that the whole concept of religion is Bollocks. In that case, you’re deceiving yourself.

And please stop using numbers like ‘99%’, you could say ‘Mostly’, ‘Upto a Large Extent’. This usage of numbers really conveys a bad scientific temperament.

And please, do not take any of this as offence. I’m sorry if it is one:)
    But rather think about it unbiasedly,Attempt to Correct my arguments if you feel them to be wrong,and present you views, so that all of us are a teeny bit smarter at the end of this discussion.

10. To clarify, your position that those who practice fornication will not be punished By God is contrary to the teachings of your Religion. Fornication is seen as a grave sin, which will be punished if one does not repent of it and receive absolution either by way of the sacrament of reconciliation or by the grace of perfect contrition before death. It’s also considered gravely sinful to teach that fornication is okay or acceptable.

Catechism of the Catholic Church 2353: Fornication is carnal union between an unmarried man and an unmarried woman. It is gravely contrary to the dignity of persons and of human sexuality which is naturally ordered to the good of spouses and the generation and education of children. Moreover, it is a grave scandal when there is corruption of the young.

https://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a6.htm

————————

11. Matthew 5:28
    "But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart."
    Leviticus 20:10
    "And the man that committeth adultery with [another] man's wife, [even he] that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death."

12. Marriage is bullshit, let me prove my love by paper/marriage. "oh hey look I love you lets spend lots of money on it and get some sweet tax cuts" Sounds good right? Make sure you don't get divorced or you'll be paying 6x as much. So sex before marriage is ok.

13. It seems the couple looking for “sweet tax cuts” and the chance to “spend lots of money” is motivated more by financial reasons than sex, which indicates they would get married regardless if they waited until marriage to have sex or not. I don’t see how “financial” benefits/downfalls translates to “waiting until marriage to have sex is bullshit”. Maybe you could walk us through that logical reasoning?

14. Have you even posted a single logical reason why people should get married? I genuinely can't remember.

15. Yes. I have posted logical reasons for why couples should wait. You’re a welcome to go back and review the thread for them.

16. Please feel free to communicate in Spanish if it’s easier. I prefer you type in whichever language you desire since I have no issues with using google translate. I’m still confused by your clarification but I think this might be due to our language barrier.

17. Was this it?

18. Yes, those were the reasons for waiting until marriage. There were other humanist reasons as well.

19. Lmao. I guess that's as close to "logical" as I'd expect to see from you. I'll respond to this tomorrow.

20. I don’t remember hearing your logical reasons so I’ll be looking forward to those.