1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Becoming the writer I want to be

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Anakin66, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

Got back comments from my advisor. He's happy with the work done on my second manuscript. Minor edits needed.
    More importantly, I got the greenlight to submit it to the journal after corrections. My target is next Wednesday!

AtomicTango likes this.
  2. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I didn't get the chance to finish the chapter yesterday but its not a big deal to be fair, I already wrote nearly double the amount I normally do. Today I read through what I had written for the previous week, I managed to write 30 pages, which is a lot. As I approach the end of the book I expect to be speeding up, not because I'm rushing to finish it or anything, but just because the last third of the book is by far my favourite part of it, so its very fun to write. That said, taking the rest of the weekend off like usual.

3. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

2400 words done today. My favourite chapter is complete.

4. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Started a new chapter, got 1500 words done. Hope to get this chapter done by the end of the week, maybe even start another. At the same time, I am conscious that I may be rushing a bit, even if I dont mean to be.

5. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Just couldnt help myself, got very nearly 3000 words done, finishing the chapter.

Anakin66 likes this.
  6. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

Didn't write over the weekend. Went to a golf range and was sore the next day. New respect to golfers!

Wrote 1100 words for my current design report since Monday. I have been revising the design in consultation with the client ever since then. Hopefully I can finish the report by Friday!

AtomicTango likes this.
  7. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

1750 words today. Wont get the chapter done this week but will early next week.

Anakin66 likes this.
  8. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

1430 words today. Really great progress made this week. 27 pages done, bringing me up to a rough total of 356 pages and 126,000 total words.

Anakin66 likes this.
  9. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

Got another 1000 words written for my design report. Sent some drawings off to the client. Waiting on feedback.

Finished editing my second manuscript!
    Submitted to the journal two hours ago.
    A big weight off my shoulders now.

Gonna draft the outline for the third and final manuscript of the thesis. Getting there!

AtomicTango likes this.
  10. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Good stuff dude, what are you planning on doing once the manuscript is done?

Anakin66 likes this.
  11. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

1700 words today. Should get the chapter done tomorrow.

Anakin66 likes this.
  12. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

The plan is to compile the thesis and have my defence by October. After that, I'm all in on the job hunt.

AtomicTango likes this.
  13. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I wish you the very best of luck on that front then.

14. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

2200 words today, finishing the chapter. I'll be honest, I think I'm going to start taking Wednesday off or something as a midweek break, because I keep getting too invested in what I am doing, and its affecting my ability to get much else done in the day because I am focusing so much on writing. I meant to write for 2 hours or so today, and instead I wrote for more than 3, its becoming excessive. Not to mention its pointless, as I am not working towards a deadline.

15. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I spent most of my working session today planning out the rest of the chapters in much more detail, so I (hopefully) cant fall into the repeated trap of every single chapter being way longer than I want it to be. Despite this, I still ended up with some time to write so I wrote 1100 words. I hope to get the chapter done by the end of the week.

Anakin66 likes this.
  16. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

1700 words done, which got the chapter completed. I'll likely take the rest of the week off now.

Anakin66 likes this.
  17. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

So I got a minor setback yesterday. The journal won't review the paper because it's outside their scope. I'll have to submit to another journal.

I've been reading and working on reformatting the manuscript to the new requirements. I'm trying to submit by tomorrow.

AtomicTango likes this.
  18. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Damn thats a shame. How does thins kind of thing work? What constitutes "outside their scope"?

19. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

No writing till next week. Gonna just read through and edit what I already have and recharge for Monday.

Anakin66 likes this.
  20. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Back to it today, 1900 words done. I aim to get this chapter done before the end of the week.

Anakin66 likes this.