1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Doom (2016) or Doom Eternal?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Fighter94, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Fighter94

Fighter94 New Fapstronaut

Both are on sale right now and I'm wondering which one should I get? Both?

2. Played every Doom game so far except for Doom Eternal because I'm waiting until it's cheap enough. After 2 years, I'm still addicted to Doom 2016's multiplayer. Just gonna leave my review here for you: [​IMG] Nuff said :D

Fighter94 likes this.
  3. Apparition

Apparition Fapstronaut

I haven't personally played Doom: Eternal but I've seen friends play it and from what I've seen, it really depends on the look and feel you enjoy. I personally prefer Doom (2016).

Doom: Eternal is definitely more extreme, and its appearance is somewhat more...sci-fi. I don't know how else to put it.

Fighter94 likes this.
  4. Fighter94

Fighter94 New Fapstronaut

Thanks, everyone! So basically I got two votes for Doom 2016 :D anybody played both?

5. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I played both, and while it was been a long time since I played 2016, I think it is better than Eternal. The second game makes some gameplay changes I dont like and some gameplay changes I do like, but overall I prefer the way 2016 plays compared to Eternal.

Even if I did prefer Eternal I would still say to play 2016 first, makes more sense to play both and in the intended order after all.

6. eternal

7. C12345

C12345 Fapstronaut

2016 is more casual, but not without it’s challenges. Doom Eternal is a sweat fest and has to be played a certain way. 2016 has a more horror aesthetic, whereas Eternal is more retro. Just pick one depending on your preferences. I prefer 2016 but hey, Eternal might be better for you