1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggest any book for self improvement??

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by HardWorkOnly, Jul 9, 2020.

1. HardWorkOnly

HardWorkOnly Fapstronaut

Hello guys i say a youtube video who suggested the "
    Awaken the Giant within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Physical and Emotional Self" book,do you think it is worth buying??,do you know any other books that are good for self improvement??

2. Rizlax

Rizlax Fapstronaut

The typical ones are still my favorites. I would recommend, "How to make friends and influence people", "Think & grow rich", and surprisingly some fiction books like "The Alchemist" can be enlightening for self-improvement means.

helloo1221 likes this.
  3. HardWorkOnly

HardWorkOnly Fapstronaut

Thank you very much for your reply,because i want to start with one which do you think is the best?

4. Rizlax

Rizlax Fapstronaut

You can probably find e-books/.pdf versions of all of these online, but start with How to Make Friends and Influence People first.

helloo1221 likes this.
  5. FlowingSaiyan

FlowingSaiyan Fapstronaut

Yeah I agree with @Rizlax. I'm currently reading 'How to Win Friends and Influence People' and it seems pretty good. It is considered as one of the most fundamental books for improving communication skills. You can also probably read 'Deep Work' by Carl Newport - an amazing book on how to improve your focus, or - in the author's words - how to work deeply. He gives great tactics to do so.

helloo1221 likes this.
  6. Generally, I find that most self-help and self-improvement books teach the same lessons and ideas, if in different writing styles and formats. That being said, I found Jack Donovan's 'The way of men' to be a real eye opener.

helloo1221 and FlowingSaiyan like this.
  7. SJ88

SJ88 Fapstronaut

Absolutely. Thats why i usually recommend more modern books like ‘you are a badass’. Same ideas and principles but easier to understand.

8. Mastery
    The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People

9. Yasharsab

Yasharsab New Fapstronaut

The feeling good handbook

FlowingSaiyan likes this.
  10. PegasusKid

PegasusKid Fapstronaut

After a while, self-help books tend to get a little repetitive as you read more and more so I won't recommend too many, but Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins is a pretty amazing book. It's largely just based on David Goggins life but he also throws in practical challenges and advice for the reader. I think the most powerful part of this book is that its easy to think Goggins is just some genetic freak with godly willpower and you could never turn your life around like he did, but as you read the book more and more you realize he's human just like anyone else. He simply shifted how he saw himself and the world around him.

Atomic Habits by James Clear is also a pretty great book, especially for fapstronauts trying to simultaneously cut out PMO while sustainably and systematically establishing good habits that will actually last. I finished this book at the beginning of June and its in large part thanks to this book this has been one of the best summers of my life mentally, physically and emotionally. Bigger, Leaner, Stronger by Michael Matthews isn't exactly a self help book, but pretty great for anyone getting into fitness or feeling like they aren't making much progress. This book is generally pretty great but it somewhat leans towards the male sex at times. Michael Matthews has a female-centered counterpart called Thinner Leaner Stronger if you're looking for something like that.

helloo1221 likes this.
  11. jt850

jt850 Fapstronaut

Are there any books one would recommend for someone who is specifically Christian? I understand that a book is a book but I don't want to pick up a book that subtly trains me to worship myself and my own strength when I'm trying to lean on Christ and become more humble. Just really curious :)

12. aricking

aricking Fapstronaut

My Journal
    READ TOOLS OF TITANS BY TIM FERRISS IT CONTAINS EVERYTHING YOU NEED,