1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

NoFap and Less Sleep, I need some reassurance

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by SilenceDogood, Jul 12, 2020.

1. SilenceDogood

SilenceDogood Fapstronaut

Hi
    I am pretty new to this forum, and NoFap, but I have been really trying to quit PMO. The last two times I tried to do it, I got to 5 days, the 3rd time I tried I got to 9 days, which is the longest streak for me, and I want to beat it and get to 365 days.

Theres is really one thing that is only holding me back from advancing, and that is the sleep aspect when I get to day 5. When I got to my 9 day streak a few weeks ago, I didn't think much of it, and I didn't realize this was going to happen to me, and in my head, I felt I was going crazy (figuratively) because I am obsessive about my sleep and have been since an I went through an awful withdrawal last year where I had a bout of insomnia for 2 nights. I was able to fix that because I take medication for sleep and I have really bad anxiety and I take medication for that as well.

What is bothering me is that I am going from 8 hours which I usually get with PMO, and then I was going down to 5-6 hours at night. I wouldn't exactly feel groggy per say, but I was worried about this. What I would do is go to bed at 11 and wake up around 4 or 5 and then I would lay in bed and try to nap off, but I wouldn't have any dreams, I would just wake up at 7 and I wasn't sure if I was just laying there or if I was sleeping.

I really am in need of assurance, because I am going to try this again. Has anyone here had the same issue? has anyone had sleep change since NoFap or when they were rebooting and if so, did this change?

2. Chevalblanc

Chevalblanc Fapstronaut

Same here bro. You should stop pmo for good right away. Im experiencing symptoms that are really frightening me. Im calling for a. Shrink or something tomorrow , pmo might have killed my libido and brain for good.

3. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

I've been going through the same thing. The best I get is about 6 1/2 hours when I'm clean and even that is almost always interrupted at least once between 2:30 and 4 a.m. and usually by me waking with an erection.

What I'd like to think, but don't have research to support, is that as you get clean your body requires less sleep to deliver the same amount of healing and rest. Chronic masturbation and orgasm (which I would define as once or more a day almost every day) takes a hell of a lot out of your body no matter how healthy you are otherwise, and will mess up your whole hormonal profile. It may be that as you take all that stress out of the system your body starts to regenerate more efficiently, thereby requiring less sleep.

If anyone has research to either support this theory or prove I'm completely off point, I'd love to see it.

SilenceDogood likes this.