1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Asking someone out in your local gym.

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Theoneking08, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Theoneking08

Theoneking08 Fapstronaut

what is your guys position on picking up a girl or two from the gym. I have thought about this before but have not pulled the trigger on the idea. Thoughts guys ?

2. I would not pull that trigger unless you happen to be running into these women outside of the gym, say at the uni or a pub (difficult these days). Maybe if you have chatted a few times over a few months, otherwise, it's just creepy. Sorry. I'm old fashioned.

3. Theoneking08

Theoneking08 Fapstronaut

Thats fine buddy that's why I made this thread just asking for some advice on the matter and yea that makes sense it does kind of sound creepy. yes going to the bar is very difficult since everyone is wearing masks and their mostly closed. It is a strange new world.

Ogikubo likes this.
  4. Don't limit your ambitions, but be respectful.

SoaringEagle and Deleted Account like this.
  5. Theoneking08

Theoneking08 Fapstronaut

I think most gyms are this way but the one gym I go to the women there almost seem scared of men or something idk maybe its just me some shoot me a quick smile but most seem intimidated but semen retention will do that.

6. Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius Fapstronaut

Are there any gyms that are even open?

thinking_differently likes this.
  7. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

That's a tough one. You definitely don't want to be the stereotypical gym perv, especially in these #metoo times. On the other hand, maneuvering to "accidentally" run into her in the parking lot or whatever has a high creep factor of its own. Best I could say is, give them their space and assume they are there to workout and not find a date. If you see a gal checking you out feel free to return a smile but don't drop everything to go over to her. On the other hand if she finds her way to you, then it's game on.

And yeah, the distancing thing. COVID has fucked things up for men and women on so many levels. But that's also gonna be a cock blocker in bars, libraries or any place else you might meet women too.

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Guaranteed she's going to be on a dating app anyway, so keep working out, & notice but don't ogle. Chances are the women are doing the same.

Comfortablydumb96 likes this.
  9. Theoneking08

Theoneking08 Fapstronaut

thanks for the feedback and yea we will just gong to have to adapt somehow be a lot more clever on approaches and what not.

10. Theoneking08

Theoneking08 Fapstronaut

yea ogling is a no go I mean just the other day there was this very attractive girl with a really tone butt all sticking it out and she was directly ahead of me working out working on it. it almost appeared that she was tying extra hard to stick her butt out for me to notice ovisously she was doing hip thrusts and lunges just so I noticed but I was looking straight ahead very focused didn't even break my gaze although I did do some mental snapshots.

Comfortablydumb96 likes this.
  11. Theoneking08

Theoneking08 Fapstronaut

yes I aim in Ohio and gyms are open here.

12. When I go into a gym the women all run in fear when they see my massive bulge. Either that or I smell bad.

13. Theoneking08

Theoneking08 Fapstronaut

aha well I smell good and I have a six pack lol

14. Bro no one cares. People have mouths mostly to talk so.
    I don't know about the US. In the UK, at least in my gym, the only men and women that really interact are friends/couples. Rarely do I see some randoms chatting up.
    Still. You asked if it's evil to do that so I will say: No. People talk since the times of people and it's true at gyms too.
    If you want to talk to someone then just do it. Although I am kind of worried about you and don't think you will "get far" so to speak, as you are on an online forum asking bloody permission to even talk to someone :D No offence, but it's kind of pathetic if the truth be told.

15. Theoneking08

Theoneking08 Fapstronaut

hahahah no I am not asking for permission and do not worry about me I am fine I was just putting it out there that's all I guess it is a little embarrassing to ask that type of questions but I am like fuck it.

16. Theoneking08

Theoneking08 Fapstronaut

and no buddy I never asked if its evil just asking for different peoples opinion and plus we are all on NOFAP so just trying to see what others experience on NOFAP isn't that why we are here in the first place no need to get bent out of shape.

17. It is very embarassing indeed.
    Look. Look at this logically:
    1. You do not commit any crime by simply talking to someone,
    2. You do not do any evil to a person by just talking to them,
    3. You do not do anything wrong really.
    So what is the point of that question? You want to know experiences, what to say etc?
    I can virtually guarantee that no one knows this, even if they give you some advice it will probably be based on nothing.

So basically. If you like someone then you normally talk to them. K?
    Here you do the same.
    If they are rude - just go the other way. If not, keep talking.
    If you bother someone - "sorry to bother you" and don't bother them.

I believe it isn't too complicated to remember and follow :)

Theoneking08 likes this.
  18. Theoneking08

Theoneking08 Fapstronaut

sounds good bud

19. Right. Sorry if that sounds blunt but I think the notion is so simple that I find it almost offensive that some people don't find it obvious, you know?

20. Theoneking08

Theoneking08 Fapstronaut

I get it I get