1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Athens Academy

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Ashen One

Ashen One Fapstronaut

University application prep. = 1.5
    Japanese = 0.8
    English = 0.1
    Typing = 0.5 (55%)
    Book Reading = 3

2. The Highlight

The Highlight Fapstronaut

Yesterday
    Sociology- 5 hour

......., Shadow™輝ツ and fg4795 like this.
  3. I read everyday now for pleasure and less for knowledge .
    After some time will read more appropriate but will keep it diverse
    last year will be challenging, so I should not work so early and rest now .

Reading is a blessing .

4. Ashen One

Ashen One Fapstronaut

Study = 5
    Japanese = 0.2
    English = 0.1
    Typing = 0.4
    Book = 3

5. The Highlight

6. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

LSE=1.5 hour
    Bad i know

fg4795 and Ashen One like this.
  7. Ashen One

Ashen One Fapstronaut

Study = 4
    Japanese = 2.6
    English = 0.8
    Typing = 0.4 (57%)
    Book = 2

....... and fg4795 like this.
  8. The Highlight

Sociology - 3 hour

....... and fg4795 like this.
  9. Why?
    It is not about quantity.
    It is about quality and effectiviness.
    Staring at a book for 14 hours per day it is not studying. It's wasting your time.
    Do a focused study of 1.5 hours is a great way to use your time ;).
    You can do better of course.
    But you're not bad.

....... and Fighter_4_life like this.
  10. cresyhorse

cresyhorse Fapstronaut

Hi everyone I love what you're doing here.
    I'm learning environmental engineering and italian. Currently I didn't do as much work as i can, I passed some exams 2 days ago so i'm having a little rest, starting tommorow i'm going back to learning.

I - 15min
    E - 0

Quick tip, plan your work scheduele 1 month ahead. Write down what tasks you wanna complete and draw a small circle next to each task. As you finish a task color the circle. Stay dilligent and watch all those empty circles become full.

Work everyday except sundays. Physical - Spartan academy
    Intellectual - Athens academy
    Spiritual is also important, do your sunday service as God deserves at least those 1-2 hours of your week.

....... and Ashen One like this.
  11. Ashen One

Ashen One Fapstronaut

Very good to see more people joining us. Welcome do Athens Academy, brother!

....... and cresyhorse like this.
  12. No .
    Wise .
    There will be more academies, spiritual is something that is controversial . People believe in Jesus, Allah, Amaterasu, Mars, The Sun(not the newspaper ) The moon, The Devil, the other side, angels, demons .

I plan academies of concentration (understand meditation/praying but without emphasis on who people pray to ),
    on nutrition ( very controversial ) and probably a fifth one . Just for the moment, this 2 are doing great , I am really happy a lot of people are staying accountable and pushing their efforts forward .

I have no idea for the 5th one, nor when the others will open . Not even, if they are needed , because all of the controversial aspect to it . Next one is meditation/praying I believe, this is needed .

Love y'all .

13. cresyhorse

cresyhorse Fapstronaut

"not the newspaper" xaxaxa I smiled at this one. but there is a mountain in Greece called Argos, on Argos there are numerous orthodox christian monasteries so "Argos academy" might be a good spiritual subject, only christian tho. To be fair a lot of religions make a point about celibacy and witholding from masturbation but I think christianity is the truest form.

14. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

Okay to surprise you guys @fg4795 and @Leader of ME
    Today i worked for 7 hours
    LSS= 7
    This is something i never expected
    Personal best from mid 2019
    And the quality was also good
    Basically it was project work. I had to make simulations based on some research papers... It was fun...
    Day was amazing

What is helping me
    1) Meditation (30+minutes)
    Something i learned in guided focus improvement meditation
    We should always remember that distractions (family conflict, toxic friend/ relationships etcetc) have one thing in common that is they are always deviations from priorities ie things that matter most

2)
    if you are like me ( which i hope you are not lol) and suffer from excessive ruminating thoughts leaving you in never ending why and what if and if only
    Then you should indulge in meditation, climbing, balancing (=gymnastics) that involves cerebellum (coz in ruminations your sgPFC ie prefrontal cortex (space bw cerebellum and cerebrum) has hijacked DMN( something that controls thoughts while you are resting (like normal daydream) so you need to reduce hold of your PFC on your normal passing thoughts
    (hope it was not boring lol)

......., Zeezee and fg4795 like this.
  15. Even though born in the Christian tradition, I have respect for all, so I won't do that .
    Everybody believes his is the right, the truest .

How do I know I am Christian ? Cause I said Jesus first ? I may be not . Therefore how to open that ? I would open something about peace of mind, where will be no differences of religion .
    Thank you .

16. Ashen One

Ashen One Fapstronaut

Study = 0.4
    Japanese = 1.7
    English = 0.66
    Typing = 0.45 (61%)
    Book = 0.25
    Course = 2.5

Not good today. I started this new course which will take me 4 weeks. Tomorrow I'll start using the pomodoro technique in my studies.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    ......., Zeezee, fg4795 and 1 other person like this.