1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[DAY 120+] Unanswered Questions Nocturnal Emissions

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Lazyguy21, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Lazyguy21

Lazyguy21 Fapstronaut

Finally, after struggling for a year, I completed my 90 day Nofap challenge.
    Now, I am aiming for 200 days.

Recently, I noticed that my nightfalls are more frequent than ever before.
    I am worried about it as I need to clean myself up everytime.

In Last 14 days, I had 3-4 nightfall.

I have several questions regarding nightfall which are unanswered on this sub.

Q1> How many nightfall in a month is acceptable and healthy ?

Q2> What should I do if i am having more nightfalls than usual?

Q3> Does talking to women and looking at casual photos of Hollywood celebrities increase nightfall frequency ?

Q4> Due to coronavirus, my family doctor has advised me to take multivitamins regularly. Could vitamin c and vitamin b contribute towards higher frequency of nightfall ?

Q5> Are there any visible symptoms before Nightfall ? If yes, then what are they ? Does any company manufacture "sanitary cup" for men ?
    I am really sick and tired of cleaning the mess again and again.

Q6> Does sleeping pattern affects frequency of Nocturnal Emissions ?
    Earlier, I used to have emissions around 5-6 am in the morning. Now I working in a Night Shift and I sleep around 6-7 am. Hence, my nocturnal emissions occurs not consistent. Sometimes, it happens at 10 am, other times it happens 2 am.

Q7> Am I losing some vital nutrients due to nocturnal emissions ?

Lastly, I would like to thank you for reading such a long post.
    I am really looking forward for answers.

Thank you.

2. Congratulations for making it 120+ days!
    In terms of NE I think it depends how they make you feel i.e. how and if they affect you at all.

Some people say it doesn't make any difference to them. For me, when I had the wet dream yesterday I spent the day at home. Today on day 11 I went shopping and it was a real challenge as suddenly social anxiety returned. I will even have to skip going to gym today to be honest.

I suspect that any type of ejaculation/orgasm has an unusually negative impact on me physically.

Frequency wise I think one wet dream a week is normal and shouldn't have any bad effects on people who don't have POIS.
    Watching images of attractive women in clothes that put focus on their bodies does cause wet dreams as far as my experience goes.

Lazyguy21 and Captain! like this.
  3. Captain!

Captain! Fapstronaut

This is true, you'll even have waste aches, head ache and weak knees.

Lazyguy21 likes this.
  4. MusicMakingMonk

MusicMakingMonk Fapstronaut

There is a chinese rebooter who has written a lot about the health effects and recovering from PMO addiction, writing additionally about ways of strengthening the health and recovering, as well as having some chapters concerning nocturnal emissions, and claims to have methods of reducing their frequency and even preventing them entirely (IIRC, it's been a while since I read his documents). No particular advice comes to mind anymore, except sleeping at certain times, not wearing underwear and not drinking or meditating before bed, avoiding long sittings etc. I recommend you read his manifesto yourself, Called Rebooting as the best remedy. The dude has a 6 year streak so I take him quite serious, though be mindful of any of his claims surrounding traditional chinese medicine, some of it is pure superstition (though some traditional chinese medicine is quite effective!).

Here's a link to the PDF: https://www.academia.edu/39057478/Rebooting_as_the_Best_Remedy_Season_1-40
    I'd recommend reading the whole thing, a chapter every day or so will do you good, or skip immediately to chapters concercing nocturnal emissions, there's an index so that should be easy to find.

Good luck with your issue, don't worry too much about adverse health effects from NE's. No it's not great, but cultivating anxieties around health and neurotically attaching negative emotions to things that are largely out of your control can induce many more health issues, physically or mentally than any number of NE's can. Hypochondria and fear of ilness can stress you out and ruin your wellbeing, so relax, don't beat yourself up, do all you can and accept that some things are out of your control.

Again good luck, NE's always beat PMO'ing in terms of health and your freedom!

Captain! likes this.
  5. Lazyguy21

Lazyguy21 Fapstronaut

I think that I don't have any social anxiety after a wet dream.I am living under qurantine , so I can't say that conclusively.

Frequency is still ill regular. It varies from 2 days to 10 days.

Thank you for helping and others with the same problem.