1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I miss having someone close to talk about how I feel

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by kio_actualized, Jul 17, 2020.

1. kio_actualized

kio_actualized Fapstronaut

I've been in NoFap for too long but made too little progress as far as I can tell.
    Wish I had some friends I could talk about this, but the few people who know about this are sick of hearing about it and I guess they don't care anymore. And why should they care? It's my own damn fault. I've been through this for years and haven't managed to cure it.
    This addiction never really made me feel alone untill now. I've wasted too many chances and it seems impossible to escape from it. Wish I was doing better with my days.

I hope you all are doing better than I am.

2. Shuffledude88

Shuffledude88 Fapstronaut

Man, that sucks to hear that your friends are tired about hearing you out. It takes a lot to share, you did the right thing. I have been kinda in the same boat. I have no problem sharing really. But too often people say that they care, and will check in on me or whatever, but then I’m still the one reaching out time after time. It sucks. It’s also tougher to find that kind of deeper friendship the older I get I feel. I actually found some great people through this site which I talk about everything really With. So Don’t Give up. another tip is joining the NoFap group calls (link at the top). It has been a gamechanger for me. :) hang in there, and reach out here to people. Better sharing online, then not at all. :)

kio_actualized and jksttymm like this.
  3. Shuffledude88

Shuffledude88 Fapstronaut

Also. It feels like you have What it takes. It all need to start from within YOU. Others can help, but not make the work.

kio_actualized likes this.
  4. Hope this message finds you well
    .start working on new skill , read books , then you will came to know mostly people are fool and there is no benefit in wasting time with them .

kio_actualized likes this.
  5. n7elite30

n7elite30 Fapstronaut

Do you have a pet or are you at a point in life where you can feasibly adopt a pet? I still struggle with what you're describing but I recently adopted a puppy and caring for him has already helped me feel better. I know it's still not the same as a real person that can hear you out and encourage you but the unconditional love of a pet can be immensely helpful!

kio_actualized and Knighthawk like this.
  6. kio_actualized

This advice is really good. I used to work as a volunteer in a project of my university where we took care of abandoned animals and it was indeed therapeutic. Most animals arrived there with problems trusting humans and it was nice bonding with them and helping getting them a home. I no longer study at this university and can't keep being a part of the project, but I recommend being a part of something like this to every fapstronaut! :)

InnerEngineerling likes this.
  7. kio_actualized

Really valuable advice, mate. Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this. Living according to our values is indeed the key to long term happiness and we often don't realize it.

8. kio_actualized

I haven't replied before, but I appreciate your message. Thanks for replying, this support really helps me getting motivated to keep trying.
    True. I've been postponing this work for long, but I can't keep doing this forever or I will end up with a miserable life. I must get the self therapy work done... There's a book written by Donna Marks about addictions that seems helpful, the name is Exit The Maze and I believe it has valuable insights. I will get back to it.
    You are right. Reading books is a must!
    I will find time and discipline to do so.