1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Extreme motivation problems during exam phase

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by [InsertFunnyName], Jul 19, 2020.

1. [InsertFunnyName]

[InsertFunnyName] Fapstronaut

Hello everybody,
    since many many many years i experience extrem motivation problems during exam phases. Not only university, even while doing my a-levels and whatever comes before that. 3
    It is kind of mystery to me while i struggle so much during this time, while the semestre is on i'm usually very motivated to do homework, watching the lectures etc. It is a lot of fun because i do most of that with friends from university but when the exam phase comes i around my motivation to study is like 0.
    Thats a big problem, because i'm usually pretty good in the courses but when it comes to exams i really crash down. For example there is my favourite course where i'm at peak performance and im really good at, but i failed the exam twice. Which really bothers me.

Another very interesting thing is my relationship to math classes, i dont know why i dont like math, but not in the usual way. Its more like "i could get into it when i put my mind into it and focus. But it is a hard topic which im not good at so...lets avoid it". When it comes to the exames in math in the days before it is not unusal that i have a little breakdown which does not help with my motivation at math.

I really want to succed at my field of study because i love that topic so much, but i can only manage 3 different courses at the same time and i really suck at exams and that gives me a really bad feeling because it will take so long. But i dont know how up my efficiency and how to get better at exams.

If somebody has some great advices, i would be really glad to get some.

L3t'sG0 likes this.
  2. Try listening to binaural beats while studying. Try looking into other forms of studying to help with retention.

L3t'sG0 likes this.
  3. L3t'sG0

L3t'sG0 Fapstronaut

If you can't beat the study monster on extreme difficulty, try easy mode first. Even if you study for 1 minute today, that's so much better than nothing. You have control over how much you'll study.

This study monster will send anxiety attacks to you. Acknowledge them and then move on, or else it will deplete your health. Set up a study environment for the productive buff and just spam study (and make sure it's the focused type of study for extra damage).
    (Hope you like my analogy)

If your math class is calculations heavy, don't worry too much about making a mistake. That's why we have check, double check and so on. If you know how to solve all the problems, all you have to do is solve them. Check or double check (sometimes triple check) for like 10 minutes and you're set. In math, it's hard to get a 100% on a reasonably difficult exam only because humans are not perfect, though that doesn't mean you should try your best. When you start your math exam, just solve the problems and check. I'm sure you'll do great.

Finally, study every day.

Have a great day.

ForwardEver likes this.
  4. I've got issues with exams as well. I'm not doing any academic exams at the moment, but I've got another type of exam coming up and I'm very unmotivated about it..

I think it might help to have an accountability partner for this purpose. I don't know. Might be worth a try. Send me a private message if you like.