1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What foods should I eat on NoFap?

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by BlueTruth, Jul 13, 2020.

1. BlueTruth

BlueTruth Fapstronaut

I came here to do to ask a important question on the foods we should be eating while on NoFap. Am pretty new to NoFap so that’s why I wondering if I can continue eating junk food and processed foods.

2. PatrickJames

PatrickJames Fapstronaut

Um no. Junk food releases dopamine and you may want to avoid that.

Also the health implications.

Also NoFap is about replacing old destructive habits with new productive habits.

3. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

Junk-foods and processed foods should be kept to a very minimum if you take your self-improvement journey seriously. So should you do with caffeine, grains and carbohydrates (pasta, rice, wheat, bread, cookies, cakes, ice-cream, crackers, potatoes, oats, potato-chips, sugars, artificial sweeteners) since they not only trigger your blood-sugar and spike insulin production, making you want to eat more. They also make your teeth decay slowly and give you cavities if consumed in excess.
    Even fruits and vegetables should be consumed in moderation since many of them contain lectins, oxalates, and plant-toxins that can give you serious health-problems if consumed daily over a longer period.

So, my advice would be to stick to animal-products (of high quality) plus some berries and fermented vegetables as much as you possibly can since they contain pretty much all of the essential nutrients you need. You can in fact survive and thrive without ingesting a single carbohydrate during your lifetime.

Robbedoes likes this.
  4. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

on the one hand - be kind to yourself, and be careful about trying to change too much at once.

on the other hand - you're going to want a new hobby to keep yourself occupied when you would otherwise log on and indulge. It's a great time to learn how to cook properly! Google some recipes, get some decent ingredients in and learn how to make your favourite foods. It's already healthier than the processed/bought in version without even trying.

Chris_Cactusblossom likes this.
  5. PatrickJames

PatrickJames Fapstronaut

I will add this: berries are absolutely awesome. Period.

6. Timecop

Timecop Fapstronaut

There as to be a connection between junk food and PMO urges. Since I started my diet, I no longer
    Do you ever cheat?

7. Angus McGyver

Quite rarely as it is only limited to a pizza/hamburger and ice-cream/pastry a week and I rarely exceed those amounts. But you're right that it is very connected to PMO-urges, especially wheat, sugars, caffeine and processed foods. Just like PMO, your food-intake is closely connected to your self-control and self-discipline (much more than people think). Foods do also trigger plenty of dopamine-secretion, just like PMO does.

Timecop likes this.
  8. Everything that is edible, natural and easy to cook and isn't super-duper complicated. (And it must be nutritious too!)

9. Timecop

Timecop Fapstronaut

Indeed. I use to eat all day everyday, whenever I felt like, sometimes even when I was full ( because of the dopamine effect ).

Nowadays, I only eat 3 meals a day every 4 hours, and drink a lot of filtered water in between.

Also, no more soda, donuts and fruit juice. No more white bread, pastas. Only whole grain now.

10. Angus McGyver

That's a good start! After som time and practice, as you manage to get down to one meal a day (OMAD), you won't feel enslaved but rather freer than you have ever been. I used to be a notorious glutton myself, eating 4-5 times/day until last year when I started to gain weight for the first time in life (only 4-5 Kg, but I felt like shite from it still).
    As the breakfast started to feel like a meal too much, I (unknowingly) started IM-fasting by skipping breakfast daily, and after a few months, I managed to get it down to one single meal/day.
    Skipping coffee/caffeine does also help you a whole lot with your digestion and insulin-levels, making you feel even more balanced and satiated throughout the IM-fasts. As long as you stay with high-quality animal products (meat, fish, poultry, eggs, and dairy), plus some fermented veggies and berries as a side, you will feel satiated, balanced, calm and energized throughout the entire day without a problem. Even most fruits and nuts (especially high sugary fruits like dates, figs, and bananas), you should actually keeping to a minimum, not only because of the concentrated sugars in them but also because of lectins.

I haven't found out about lectins until recently but my advice is to stay away from beans (especially kidney-beans) and peanuts as much as possible, and if you consume them, they should be either boiled or broiled as that will remove most lectins.

Timecop and PatrickJames like this.
  11. DontTouchYourWilly

DontTouchYourWilly New Fapstronaut

Hello don't touch your willy please its not worth it

fredisthebes likes this.
  12. Not animals. They don't want to die and they don't have to.

Male chicks get thrown into a grinder or drowned in buckets, flapping their little wings for up to thirty minutes before they drown. Females are genetically modified so they gain weight at such a high rate that they can't even stand up.

Male cows get a whole arm shoved up their ass and then someone jerks off their dick while they are pinned down (it's rape and it hurts). Females are forced to give birth and produce milk until they can't stand up, then their throats are slashed.

Pigs have their balls cut off with a knife with no painkillers. They have their teeth pulled so they don't cannibalize each other due to insanity. Then they get sent to a gas chamber where they scream in agony - type "pig gas chamber" on YouTube, it's all there. All the stuff I mentioned is on YouTube.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    oryxcrstl and fredisthebes like this.
  13. PatrickJames

PatrickJames Fapstronaut

Very insightful Angus, as usual.

What do you recommend for healthy fats? Are any nuts ok. Personally I love peanuts but will consider cutting them out now.

Thanks,

Mark

Angus McGyver likes this.
  14. Timecop

Timecop Fapstronaut

I will look into that lectins thing, thanks for the tip.

15. Angus McGyver

Healthy fats are the following according to me: Coconut oil, grassfed butter, lard (these three plus tallow are the only ones you should fry your food in), fatty fish (mackerel, salmon, herring), high fat meats, eggs, organic mayo- and bearnaise, organic cream and cheese, avocados, plus high quality olive- and sesame oil if consumed raw and not used for frying.

Regarding lectins cashews and peanuts; Peanuts and cashews can be consumed in moderate amounts if used in cooking where they are either broiled or boiled (so the lectins are removed) but I would very rarely eat them as a snack or in peanut-butter. I have read that macadamia, pecan, pistachio, and walnuts are much better for you with regards to lectin-content so if you want a nut-snack every now and then, rather eat any of those four.

What the lectins do is essentially to poke a hole in your intestinal wall so the undigested/unabsorbed foods you have left go right out through those holes into your blood-stream so you literally become full of shit the more lectins you eat. This does of course to create malabsorption and inflammations of various kinds to only mention a few of the aches and pains they can cause. Then you see all of those vegans consume tons of lectins and oxalates in their diets and complain about loose stools, bloating, stomach-cramps and undigested foods coming out (thinking many times it's a sign of a healthy gut).

nikojohn, Timecop and PatrickJames like this.
  16. Angus McGyver

You refer to large-scale factory farming which is of course despicable and horrible in all possible ways (plus the quality of the meat and dairy coming out from those farms is garbage as well) but not at all equal to or synonymous with small organic and local farms.
    That's why I don't consume any low quality meat and dairy coming from any of those farms but rather pay more for the organic and nutrient-dense animal-products coming from smaller organic farms and producers where I know the animal-keeping (and quality of the meat & dairy) is much better.

fredisthebes likes this.
  17. I most definitely read nut-sack :D

18. Angus McGyver

You read what you want to read!

Cirilla likes this.
  19. Saw taht too

20. 99% of meat comes from factory farms, and grass-fed/organic are labels that do not have any meaning and are not recognized by the USDA.