1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

energy drinks & previous food/drink addictions

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by vercent99, Jul 10, 2020.

1. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

since few months ago till recently, i was drinking 2 energy drinks in a row at night (sleep schedule is broken). Then recently i did 1 energy drink a day till today when i got 2 energy drinks at night again. I started to get hungry suddenly and then my stomach started acting so much, having energy drinks on a empty stomach is not recommended by me! Now i realize the effects, from today i will try to stop my energy drink addiction.

Usually my food & drinks addictions are cured easily. I used to have an addiction for coca cola, drinking it every day together with chips. I have only drank coca cola/pepsi now maybe 2 or 3 times within 3+ years, and i barely get any chips now, a few times a month, and only small sizes now, usually i got the big bags. I also fixed my coffee addiction i was drinking around 3 cups every day, i remember when i got leg twitches i read on the internet it can be related to coffee so i stopped drinking it, i have only drunk it once this year, and stopped since also 2 or 3 years ago.

also some other stuff but its all similar. So today i start my journey to stop the energy drinks addiction. I will start to drink juice and water more.

palindromo likes this.
  2. L3t'sG0

L3t'sG0 Fapstronaut

Great job on standing your ground and saying you're gonna change.

If you can do it, I recommend drinking at least 3L of water daily. The amount of water required for a male is about 3.7L but since on average 20% of the water comes from food, you only need to drink 3L of water. It's a lot but that's what the science claims. If you don't believe this, drink only when you feel thirsty, even an inch of thirst means drinking some water.

Have a great day.

palindromo and vercent99 like this.
  3. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

thank u man, when my mom went to the doctor she got like a whole schedule as to how much to drink and when, and it seems to much, i see her drink 4 cups like 3 times aday, google says its 2.8 L approximetely

meanwhile me, i usually dont even hit 1 L per day (solely water). So for example yesterday i drank 2 cups of water, then 1 cup of juice, and then finished a water bottle (250 ML left of 600 ML). Not that great, i will drink more water now. I might even stop juice altogether as well and only drink it if water becomes too bland for me to feel a need for change once and then

thank u man for the reply!

L3t'sG0 likes this.
  4. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

i drank one energy drink yesterday night because i saw it in the fridge, but other than that i had no craves or thoughts about buying it

i did slightly over 3 days without it, going for a better streak now

L3t'sG0 likes this.
  5. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

drank one as well on tuesday and then till now still haven't drank any. So it's now day 5 and still going.

Although i must admit i was going to buy one energy drink today but didnt find the one i wanted in the shop so i didnt buy anything. Now the urges are gone anyways so I will continue the streak

6. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

i drank one two days ago at day 7

so now new streak

day 2 so far

7. Quick tip: exercising makes you thirsty as fuck, so start exercising if you don't already. I end up drinking around 3-4L of water on workout days and I'm only a small guy.

vercent99 likes this.
  8. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

I don't think science says everyone need to drink that much water.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    vercent99 and L3t'sG0 like this.
  9. L3t'sG0

L3t'sG0 Fapstronaut

Can't watch the video for some reason.

3.7L per day is an average that a certain experiment has come up with. In reality, it depends on many external factors. I think the best way to tell if you need to drink water is if your thirsty.

vercent99 and Hadrian3 like this.
  10. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

vercent99 likes this.
  11. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

thank you
    if only i wasnt a lazy bastard lol :oops:

12. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

interesting video, i have actually never done research on how much we should drink but i was always on the side that would think it is different per person, there is no specific amount of water you should consume, but hey i am not a doctor so dont mark my words hah

Hadrian3 likes this.
  13. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

Now when i am thirsty i drink water, actually when i am thirsty i prefer water its the most refreshing. When im not super thirsty but want to drink something, i can get some juice

14. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

lol zero benefits only bad things from energy drinks, good thing i am stopping it

Hadrian3 likes this.
  15. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

When I searched yesterday, I saw many sources still repeats that famous "8 glass per day" or "2-3 litres per day". So, I got confused. But I lean toward what this guy in the video said. So, Again, I don't know for sure. You may research independently if you want.
    Just trying to be responsible. :p

Hope it didn't give you bad feelings. I don't like to criticise others or question their attitudes. Yeah, Good thing you said it's a good thing i am stopping it. :emoji_slight_smile:

vercent99 likes this.
  16. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

no i am not getting bad feeling, i am thankful that people try to guide me to the better! i always knew it wasnt healthy but not to this extent

Hadrian3 likes this.