1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Physical/Mental Energy Theory

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Nibius, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Nibius

Nibius Fapstronaut

Hey guys i had this theory.. There is physical and mental energy in our body (could imagine it like yin and yang). At differenet time in the day there is different amount of yin in proportion to yang ~ this is what corresponds to circadian cycle - why u feel physically strong around 2 -4. pm, however physically weak in the morning. Nevertheless you mind find out that in the morning intellect works the best, although body doesnt. And then in the afternoon the body works best, however intellect doesnt. It is clear that the neutral energy moves between yin and yang - mental and physical vessels back and forth. It seems to me, that nofap and semen retention aids yang or physical energy mostly. That would explain why is nofap and semen retention so favoured by world class champion fighters.

However, I'm a man of intellect and i feel no need to have such an overwhelming amount of physical energy. It actually disturbs me. I would like to transform the energy from physical vessel into the mental one. Im afraid that we all have to submit to the natural cyrcadian cycle, but just in case any of you guys got the idea how to do it practically.. When u need to study lets say, but you are in a situation with overwhelming physical energy, but less mental energy - how do you transform that energy into what u need.

2. MusicMakingMonk

MusicMakingMonk Fapstronaut

Simple, work out before you do your intellectual work.
    I recommend checking out HIIT workouts on YouTube, do one that is 40 minutes, you'll be quite tired afterward, and it's great for your health and will also improve your mental faculties.

3. I actually agree with this theory somewhat. I myself am usually very active in the morning as well mentally. At work I know this because my mind is clear and I have the energy. About four to five hours in I start to feel the drag late morning. But I do drink coffee so I believe this has some side effect. In the afternoons when I reach home I drag a little more. I used to drink coffee again mid afternoon but I am steering away from this. Usually about 2-3pm I do my work outs and then after my mentality rises for studying. Then the nightly drag comes in.. When I was younger oddly my mentality would spark late at night. Producing music I would get some crazy ideas down.

I oddly saw this meditation as I was reading this. Maybe it will help you out in balancing yourself. Maybe this will help you out my friend. :)

4. oryxcrstl

oryxcrstl Fapstronaut

The brain is just another physical organ and uses glucose/ketones like other parts of the body so there isn't much of a distinction. The amount of energy the brain uses throughout the day is relatively constant.

What do you mean by overwhelming physical energy? Adrenaline?