1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Burger King kill me?

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by RamboErecto, Jun 16, 2020.

1. RamboErecto

RamboErecto Fapstronaut

So I cant stop eating at Burger King, I eat there almost 3 times a week and I just become addict and I cant stop.

Is that burgers full of chemicals? It will give me cancer?

I just cant stop and im worried, please help me.

Shadow™輝ツ likes this.
  2. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Nah, don't worry. Double Whopper with Cheese for me! ;)

But if you are worried about weight increase, maybe go twice a week.

Shadow™輝ツ and RamboErecto like this.
  3. decidedtobebetter

decidedtobebetter Fapstronaut

I think it's unlikely to kill you or give you cancer. But you should think about your future. You are 31? Soon you are going to be 40. You should think about your overall health, there are a lot of things other than cancer. Try to eat healthier and exercise, it'll be very good for you down the road.

RamboErecto likes this.
  4. RamboErecto

RamboErecto Fapstronaut

My goodness

That hurts even more than cancer

5. decidedtobebetter

decidedtobebetter Fapstronaut

Oh no hahaha, I know people who are in their 40's and don't look like that at all.

I know one woman who is 39 and has a body way better than most women 20-25 years old I know. She runs 3 km everyday and probably do other exercises too.

It all comes down to eating healthy and exercising.

RamboErecto likes this.
  6. Try the Impossible Whopper, it's vegan and it's actually pretty good!!

FellatiousD and leetspeak like this.
  7. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Do you have one nearby and are you not into cooking or something? If it's close to work or on the way it's essential to have something else already with you, otherwise you're just going to go with what's convenient.

8. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

Man made mock-meats are no better (nor nutritious) than the nutrition-poor junk-meat burgers at BK, McDonald's or any other fast-food restaurant as they are made out of refined blood-sugar spiking carbohydrates (primarily grains) whose nutrients can barely be absorbed either.

9. Angus McGyver

It really depends on where you live. If you live in the States, yes, the junk-meat in those burgers will be of very poor nutritional quality and stuffed with chemicals. Primarily man-made preservatives, emulsifiers, HFCS (mostly in the bread), sodium-glutamate and other man-made flavor enhancers to just mention a few.
    In Europe (and Canada, Australia/New Zealand), the quality will be a lot better since GMOs are prohibited but the burgers do still have some man-made chemicals in (although not as many as in the States). Still, their burgers are still not something you should eat more than once a week at most.
    You have to ask yourself the question: What do I want to look like in 5,10, 15,20+ years and what quality of life do I want to have when I get older?
    One in which I am a semi-crippled, diabetic and fatigued fatso on a dozen medications with multiple aches, who struggles to walk up a floor of stairs or a few hundred meters down the street and can't even go a few hours without food.
    One in which I'm not fat but still have a huge lack of energy, have a few kilos too much and show some early signs of metabolic syndrome (with high blood-sugar most of the time).

Or one in which I am slim/fit, vibrant, energetic, productive and have a great and active life with few aches and pains and where you still feel full and satiated for hours on end?

That's at least how I think every time I am tempted to eat junk-food (or something too sweet) that I don't need to eat. In that way, I have battled and conquered many cravings over the past two years, the latest one being coffee. I have been for 16 days without it now and really start to get a glimpse of how great life actually can be without it.

Timecop likes this.
  10. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

You are about the age when your diet and lifestyle is really going to start affecting how you look and feel, over the next couple of years.

But, unless you have health problems or you are in desperate pursuit of the body beautiful, there's no need to give up BK entirely. Trying to cut down to twice a week and then once a week would be really positive step, as would improving the rest of your diet on the other days, and particularly avoiding other junk food on your Burger King day(s).

Do a bit of research online and try to make a 'healthier' choice, while still satisfying your BK desire. If you are all about the burger, for example, maybe no need for the fries and the milkshake as well? And maybe have some nice refreshing water instead of the great big bucket of Soda. Etc (I can't give too much advice here as I haven't been to BK in 10+ years...)

You might find that you start to feel a lot better on the days when you don't eat BK, and decide to kick the habit entirely ... it's all about finding a balance that works for you.

Deleted Account likes this.
  11. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2121650/#:~:text=The researchers also found that increasing intakes of,an increased pancreatic cancer risk in men only.

"The researchers also found that increasing intakes of red meat were significantly associated with elevated risks of 20%–60% for cancers of the esophagus, liver, and lung. For processed meats, a 16% increased risk of lung cancer was observed. Red and processed meat intake was associated with an increased pancreatic cancer risk in men only."
    upload_2020-7-4_8-52-30.png upload_2020-7-4_8-53-9.png

I would appreciate it if you illustrate what makes a plant based patty less healthy than a burger king patty. But for the sake of this thread, I would avoid going to Burger King altogether and just eat a diet based on recommended daily intakes. No one thinks that burgers are healthy and I'm not even an advocate for plant based meat aside from the fact that it is a good cope for normies who think that going vegan is the hardest thing in the world.

SeaChange and Hardware Reset like this.
  12. Angus McGyver

I consider epidemiology to honestly be a quite bogus field of study to begin with since there are so many other factors regarding diet and other factors that you can't control. Factors that can affect the outcome just as much, if not more than the factor of red-meat consumption alone. Also, almost every single one of those cancer-centers also get sponsored by BigFood and BigPharma so there is a conflict of interest from the beginning which make me doubt the motives behind the publications.
    Those two industries will earn a lot of money if they make people believe that read-meat is dangerous since that will increase demand of the grain- and wheat based foods which are much cheaper and easier to produce than any animal products. People will get sick and ill from those kind of foods (all foods containing HFCS is just one of many such examples) and hence will need BigPharma's toxic and useless supplements to stay alive.

https://www.statnews.com/2019/10/30/cancer-growing-in-cancer-medicine-pharma-money-doctors/

Many of those burgers are also grilled at very high temperatures where lots of toxic carcinogens are formed, besides all the toxic additives in the meat.
    I also wonder why there was almost no cases of cancer and metabolic syndrome amongst Western populations prior to the processed-food era? Those diets consisted of a lot of saturated animal fats and still they seemed to be healthy and thriving (unless they died of infections, starvation or similar), just like all native peoples all around the world have been eating throughout the centuries. Weston Price's extensive study of native peoples all over the world (from the 1930's) is very essential in that regard.
    Still, I would never recommend any one to eat any processed meats, mock-meats or anything they offer at BurgerKing or any other fastfood chain since it's all processed and many times fried in cheap vegetable oils that will damage the arterial walls more than anything else.
    Mock meats are usually made out of cheap grains or starches that will only cause inflammation and destroyed bowels in the long run, just like all grains will eventually do.

https://www.amymyersmd.com/article/problem-grains-legumes/

13. You don't assume there are motivations behind research - you find motivations. You can't just throw away peer-reviewed articles and say "oh you never know if the research is trustworthy, and there's a lot of other factors." That's called handwaving, and it's an illegitimate form of reasoning.

https://www.amymyersmd.com/article/problem-grains-legumes/
    Is this your only source? Amy Myers dot com? I couldn't find any information on her other than her commercial website which she uses to sell supplements. And she doesn't provide any sources for her claims.
    It seems like her argument is that lectins cause inflammation. Here is what I found:

Lectins (Wikipedia):
    "However, research supporting claims of long-term health effects in humans is limited and most existing studies have focused on developing countries where malnutrition may be a factor, or dietary choices are otherwise limited."

Source:Lectins". Harvard School of Public Health. 2019-01-24.

Prolamin:
    Source: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/B9780128012383001239
    "The prolamin fractions of wheat and related grains are implicated in the causation of celiac disease (Skerritt et al., 1990). The prolamin fraction of wheat is known as gluten, so celiac disease is sometimes referred to as gluten-sensitive enteropathy. In wheat, the gliadin or alcohol-soluble fraction is the component of the gluten fraction that is involved in the elicitation of celiac disease, although the glutenin, or alcohol-insoluble fraction, is also likely involved. The prolamins are the major storage proteins in these grains, so all of these grains contain ample gluten and are considered hazardous for celiac sufferers."

Phytic Acid (Wikipedia):
    "Phytic acid has a strong binding affinity to the dietary minerals, calcium, iron, and zinc, inhibiting their absorption.[1][31] Phytochemicals like polyphenols and tannins also influence the binding.[32] When iron and zinc bind to phytic acid, they form insoluble precipitates and are far less absorbable in the intestines. This process can therefore contribute to iron and zinc deficiencies in people whose diets rely on these foods for their mineral intake, such as those in developing countries[33][34] and vegetarians.[35]"

So just from 20 minutes of googling these terms, it seems like these substances are only problematic for people who have coeliac disease or people in developing countries (malnourished). The solution is to literally just have a varied diet and not suffer from genetic diseases.

14. Angus McGyver

I never claimed that you shouldn't eat a balanced diet but a balanced diet for me (and many others) is not what most authorities consider a balanced diet. Since authorities for the past 50 years have claimed that you should eat grains, wheat and a fair amount of carbohydrates overall (not from vegetables), I consider those dietary guidelines false or dangerous in the long-run if followed.
    Grains are not part of a healthy diet since they are heavily processed and modified nowadays and haven't been introduced to humans until agriculture entered the stage 8000- 10 000 years ago, which is a very short period of time in the history of mankind. If you think about it, what our ancestors ate the most was definitely not grains and fast carbohydrates but rather meat, eggs, butter, milk, fish, poultry and other animal products (especially in Scandinavia where I'm from) and there were almost none of the metabolic illnesses we have everywhere today.
    The same principle applies to all peoples and ethnicities globally. Whenever they eat a diet that resembles that of their ancestors, they thrive and are healthy but as soon as they adopt wheat, grains and sugars into their diets, they become sick and ill. The introduction of all those grains, plus sugars and processed foods into peoples' diets are a few of the main reasons to the global metabolic pandemic we have today.

I think the study and book that the retired dentist Weston Price performed and wrote in the 1930's is really interesting in that regard. He essentially traveled around the globe and studied the diets of several indigenous peoples, and concluded that their traditional diets made them thrive while adopting modern diets (with lots of grains and sugars) made them ill.
    https://www.bookdepository.com/Nutr...lZZbZCCtFzs8_kniVU1rhivPh0V7A_HMaAmhxEALw_wcB

15. Well I guess I'll stick to lamb and potatoes, being the Irish cunt that I am.

Angus McGyver likes this.
  16. I don't think so but the burger hitman might will

17. magic05

magic05 Fapstronaut

Fast food like McDs and BK is a slow killer filled with carbs and corn syrup (one of the worst kinds of sugar, intentionally used by fast food companies to make their customers addicted). But if you don't consume alcohol and cigarettes it shouldn't be that bad for now. If you do, you have a problem soon.

Mr. Diesel and Angus McGyver like this.
  18. Lol, why are people scared of getting older. It's a wonderful thing, and it's not like you can fight it anyway, so make the best of it and live cheerfully when possible.

19. There wasn't modern medicine, cars or technology either.

So are you going to give up your home, clothes and appliances to live in a cave, hunt with a spear and cook what you catch, avoid big game because if you got hurt, you are done for? And go hungry for extended periods of time when your luck turns sour.

20. Angus McGyver

What does that have to do with excluding grains (or at least keep them at a minimum) from my diet (in order to optimize my health)?
    Just because I omit certain negative aspects of the modern lifestyle doesn't mean I'm necessarily going into a hermit or caveman right away. It is like saying that all clergy should go and live in old monasteries in the countryside and shield themselves from the modern world completely since they are following biblical rules and guidelines that were authored at a time when no modern technology existed.
    Just because they are following ancient rules in their daily lives doesn't mean they exclude every single aspect of a modern lifestyle and technology in them.